Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sugar and Spice

One year ago today we found out that "it" was a she and here we are one year later... (If she naps in that stroller everyday while I walk, well then hats of to you Craigslist for making my life an easier place to live for a negotiable price.) (And if she takes a nap without a fight then it was worth every penny plus some.) Before we found out the sex I always thought it was funny how people assumed that Adam wanted a boy and I wanted a girl. He finally admitted one day that he just wanted a healthy baby but he "51% wanted it to be a girl." (He has always had a way with the words.) He said he liked the idea of a daddy's girl, but if it was a boy then he would have a fishing buddy. I always knew that if called to raise a child he would be best with a little girl. He has those kind and gentle characteristics that would lead you to believe that a little girl would make his world complete. And God bless him, he is surrounded by women, you know, with me, Reese, and both the dogs being girls he doesn't stand a chance. That may be why God gave him the patience of Job. When we saw that "it" was a she all I could think about was oh my goodness teenage girls are a nightmare and oh my we'll have to pay for a wedding one day and blah blah blah... But in true form, Adam was the cool head of reason in the mist of all my turmoil. And you know what? He was right. (Adam are you reading this? I just admitted that you were right. Don't get used to it, but enjoy this moment.) I wouldn't have it any other way. IF we ever were to have another baby I would be delighted to raise another little girl because she is all I ever dreamed of and more. And she didn't just complete her daddy's world. She completed mine too.

No comments:

Post a Comment