Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A day in the park

Sunday after church we met up with Uncle G, D.D., and Big Daddy for lunch, but because we have an earlier service than they do (and because Big Daddy reportedly stood around and talked after their services) we had some time to spare. Since Reese ALWAYS wants to be "out-side" we took her for her first trip to the park. (Technically this wasn't her first trip. When she was about 2 weeks old I was convinced I would never lose the baby weight so I loaded her up and we went for a walk at the park. Seriously? Two weeks old. Also known as the point in time when I was wasn't emotional, horomonal, or irrational. AT. ALL.)
Photobucket

She had the best time, and so did her mother. I climbed on the monkey bars, went down the slide, rode on the little chicken swing right next to her on the rabbit swing. All in my Sunday clothes.

Photobucket

Do y'all know what the A-master had the nerve to say to me yesterday? He said, "she is so precious I want 3 more just like her." GASP. Just typing it makes my palms break out into a cold sweat. Don't get me wrong. She is great and all, but it was a lot of work to carry her for 9 long, hot, hot, hot, hot months. Plus she is expensive, and I feel sure that part isn't going to get any better. And did I mention how hot it was when I was preggo? June, July, August, September. IN. THE. SOUTH. Peeps, it was so hot. And I was so miserable. That part I remember clearly. Somebody say a prayer for him because as  long as I'm his wife we will not be having 3 more just like her.

3 comments:

  1. It was LONG, HOT, and MISERABLE!!! People who haven't done carried a child during the summer just don't understand. I completely understand!!! :) But she is pretty cute and seems pretty sweet, so maybe just another time during the year?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww.. You know you want some more just like her! (Otherwise you're saving all those clothes for nothing!) :) Don't forget that you have to have another girl, because you can't bathe a boy in that PINK bath tub.

    ReplyDelete