Tuesday, November 27, 2012

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. Isaiah 55: 8

Sadly, the Friday after Thanksgiving was truly a black Friday for us. I knew something was going wrong  late Thursday night, and by Friday afternoon around 2 we had a miscarriage. 
 
We are sad beyond words, but also at peace because we know that God has a far greater plan than we can ever understand.

 Kip Moore sings a song called Hey Pretty Girl and in the song he says, "Life's a long and winding ride. Better have the right one by your side." I can tell you that because of this I love Adam  more than I ever have. He stepped up to the plate Friday and took care of me when I physically could not take care of myself. Not that I ever doubted that he would do that, but when actually faced with a situation you realize how far people will actually go for you. 

 We have one precious, healthy baby and that is far more than a lot of people get. She is more precious to us than ever. 
We hear of people having miscarriages everyday, but until it happens to you it's hard to really grasp. I would have been somewhat expecting this at 6 or 8 weeks, but at 14 weeks it took me completely off guard.  I thought we were in the clear, but this is just another reminder that we are not in control. 
Thank you all for your phone calls, text, and emails. We have a great family, and a wonderful group of friends. 


Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
Jeremiah 1:5 

10 comments:

  1. You and your family are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a strong girl I know God will see you through. I can't imagine what you must be feeling. Just know that we love you and are ALWAYS here for you day or night!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elena I am so sorry to hear this :(. Josh and I lost our first pregnancy to miscarriage on Thanksgiving day 2007. When I heard your news it brought back a flood of memories. It was perhaps the hardest thing I've ever been through. It does get better, but you will never forget what might have been. Looking back I can clearly see that God had a plan for us, but it was hard to see back then. We will be and have been praying for you guys. Call me if you need to! Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elena and Adam,
    We were so sorry to hear your news. We love you and will be praying for you.
    Uncle Robert and Aunt Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elena, I'm so sorry. I have no words except to say that y'all are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elena,
    I had no idea until I read your post that this had happened. You have really been on my mind lately. Now I know why the Lord was bringing you to mind. You and Adam will be in our prayers. I am so sorry.
    Amy
    "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Elena! My heart aches for you guys. We miscarried our second at 9 weeks. My heart was broken but the Lord carried us through and I had such a greater love for Mark through it all. He was supported, cried, and prayed with me when neither of us knew what to say. I pray God's peace covers you and your family during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elena and Adam,
    My heart has hurt so much for the both of you. This is one time Momma just didn't know what to say. I love all three of you. "To every thing there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elena and Adam,
    I had no idea, I am so sorry for your loss ! I had logged on just to read your blog , I enjoy it so much, I love to read about your sweet little family , you always make me smile and laugh just when I need it most, but I am heartbroken, and please know I am praying for you and adam and reese . love, Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry Elena. You are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete