Thursday, September 19, 2013

It's going to rain on her parade...

Here is James Spann's weather blog post for our birthday bash on Saturday...

SATURDAY SOAKER: Wet weather will headline the forecast for Alabama as the weekend begins. The GFS (U.S.), ECMWF (European), and GEMS (Canadian) models all show potential for a good soaker for the state, with rain amounts of 1 to 2 inches likely, and maybe even a little more in spots. The rain should begin early in the day, maybe even before daybreak over Northwest Alabama. While there could be a few breaks in the rain, it sure looks like a good 5 to 7 hours of rain during the day, with potential for some thunder as well (but no severe weather is expected).

My rational side knows that James Spann is not in control of the weather, but my irrational side wants to slap him right now anyway. (Just kidding James, we love you.)

They are also not expecting it to get out of the 70s which poses a problem considering we had a water slide reserved for Saturday. Thankfully, the rental people allowed me to exchange it for a bounce house instead. We haven't exactly broken that little bit of news to Reese yet. She is so excited because "der gonna be a hurge wata slide at my party."  She also told me yesterday that she wants chicken fingers for her birthday. That's my girl. She certainly gets her love of poultry products from me.

So, if you are reading this and are coming to the party, please disregard the part on the invitation that mentioned swimsuits.
















PS. This has opened a can of worms I have been able to keep the lid on for quite some time now: Adam and his uncontrollable desire to remodel or build a new house. He is just sure that this is a sign from the Lord that we need a new house with a garage for these type situations. He was talking about this Tuesday afternoon (just as he does almost every day) and Reese said, "I don't wanna a new house. I love my house." And with that statement he looked at me with a glare in his eyes and swore I taught her to say that, which I did none of the sort. BUT, good news A-master, many more raining-on-her-birthday events such as this one and I will not only be on board the new house bandwagon- I will be driving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment