Saturday, June 22, 2013

Father's Day 2013

I need to point out that I have been trying to get Reese to wear this dress for over a month of Sundays. Every time I put it on her she cries and claims, "it too tight." It has a little elastic around the middle which causes her to lose her mind. I have told her more than once that she better hush it up because I grew up in the era of big, puffy, lacy dresses that "scratched" every inch of skin they touched. She has nothing to complain about. 


She always wants to "matches" somebody. The color popcicle she picks all depends on the color shirt she is wearing. So on Father's Day I successfully talked her into wear the dress all because it matched her daddy's shirt. 

And just because I love to go back and look at how much she has changed...














We have been having some issues with her waking up at night wanting milk. I knew it had to stop or her teeth were going to rot out from the vast amounts of milk she drank all night long. Since there is no time like the present I went ahead and made her cry it out for her milk. I was in bed with her trying to explain how she wets the bed when she drinks milk all night, and her teeth were going to rot out, and blah blah blah. She got so desperate that she started loudly crying/screaming "daddy, help me!" When he didn't come she would cry some more and say, "he can't hear me!" After several nights of settling for water, I think we have broken the addiction. There really should be a Milk's Anonymous for toddlers like her. She has a problem, but she isn't ready to admit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment