Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Random things I don't want to forget

Allow me to begin by telling you how naive I am as a new mother of 2 little people. I attempted the impossible last night. I tried to get a picture of both of them together for our Christmas card. And y'all, thanks to Pinterest, I had high, high expectations. I have seen countless precious pictures of the older siblings with the brand new baby and they all look like they are straight out of some photography magazine. After the disaster that went down here yesterday, the jury is still out as to whether we will even have a Christmas card this year. Let's just say that there was bribing and crying and kicking and screaming. The kids were even worse, and I will leave it at that. 
 
Here is my only other attempt at getting their picture together. Yeah, it went just as well as you might suspect.


And here's a few things I don't want to forget...

Saturday night, after the Lord showed up at the Auburn game and allowed Louis to catch that ball for the game winning touchdown, I blacked for a second, but when I regained consciousness I heard Reese loudly declared, "praise the Lord!" My thoughts exactly sister. 

Sunday afternoon Reese was in the bathroom and from the living room we heard a loud bang. She immediately said, "nofin' happened." 

Reese has started loving Gogurts and when I say love I mean she wants to eat upwards of 4 of them between supper and bedtime. Anyway, I keep them in the bottom drawer of the refrigerator so she can reach them. Last night she asked Adam to help her get one and he told her she could do it herself and in the most annoyed voice she said, "No I can't. Der's too much junk in there." And she was right. There was so much "junk" in the drawer she couldn't get it closed. 

Saturday we went to Allison's for Krystal's baby shower. Within 2.5 seconds of making this picture before we left home Elynn spit up all over this outfit. Such a shame because this little piece of MeeMaw's artwork has to be hand washed. She'll probably be outgrown it before I get around to doing that.


These girls had a blast, and I bet they didn't at all make a mess in Addie's playroom.



Reese wouldn't even hold her own sister. She was much more excited about holding Madelyn.

 She said she needed this umbrella because it was hot outside.

And then there was this.

Fortunately no one was injured. Reese was so concerned about the victim of her reverse driving, can't you tell? She wasn't alone in her concern though. MaKenna's very own mother was saying, "Hold on a minute. Let me get a picture." We are all very mature mothers who put our children's safety first.

No comments:

Post a Comment