Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sick Day

It's Reese's birthday week and it's not off to a good start. She's been off and on congested for 3 weeks. I am 100% sure it is because she is cutting roughly 20 teeth all at once. Her eye teeth (is that the technical name?) seem to be causing the most problems. Monday morning she refused to let go of me. I tried to put on my makeup while holding her limp in my arms and soon decided it would be one of those days that a student told me in no uncertain terms that I did not look good. Which really, there is nothing that will give you a self confidence boost like a teenager pointing out how bad you look.

So after I tried to put her in her car seat and she cried, "mommy hold juuu peasssss" I decided we would spend the day at home. She started running a fever and slept most of the day while I ate rotel dip and watched Paula Deen. It really was a beautiful thing. Except the part about my baby snoring like a 400lb man with sleep apnea.

I reluctantly took her to the doctor (Because nothing says rookie momma like taking your baby to the dr and being told she is perfectly fine) and thank goodness I did. My diagnosis was inaccurate. I did the walk of shame as we left the doctors office with 2 prescriptions and an ear infection. I officially won the title of Mother of the Year.

My favorite part of visiting the doctor is when she insist on playing with the germy toys and then starts biting her fingernails. It helps me to look at the bright side of things- at least we aren't as sick today as we will be tomorrow. :)




Adam called this morning to say his boss that he was with all day yesterday threw up all night and had to go to the urgent care this morning. Can we all please have a moment of silence and ask the sweet Lord not to allow us to get the virus and have to cancel the pony party on Saturday. That would single handedly bring me to my knees. 

2 comments:

  1. Hope she's feeling better soon and that this week just leads to a great party!!! And you get to have all of this behind you next week....that's where I am now and it's a good week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh bless y'all! I will pray none of you end up with that! I'd rather hav anything in the world but a stomach bug!!! Happy Birthday to that sweet thang!!

    ReplyDelete