Thursday, September 20, 2012

Happy Birthday Reese {the terrible 2's have arrived}

 Happy 2nd Birthday Reese!


I was going to go on and on about how I can't believe she is 2, but then I admitted to myself that I
don't remember what life was like before her. It actually feels like she has been part of our lives for a lot longer than 2 years.

I laugh when I think back to 2 years ago when we were headed to the hospital to be induced. I was confident that I was ready. I had read, and read, and for good measure I had read some more. Plus I was huge, hot, and ready for pregnancy to come to an end.. When I saw her sweet face 14 hours after being induced I instantly knew that I wasn't prepared. Two days later when they let us take her home I wanted to stay at the hospital. At the hospital somebody was there around the clock to be sure she was breathing. When we got home I cried and wanted Adam to watch her breath while I slept.

I now know that there is absolutely no way to be prepared to bring home your first baby. It is a life changing moment that can't be described.

I also laugh when I look at her coming home outfit. The flower/bow was as big as she was....but we all know the saying....the bigger the bow the better the momma:) I love that outfit. It hangs in her room now and every time I look at it I think about squeezing her into it just to relive the moment.
 This is my FAVORITE picture of that day. So sweet.

Now she and her daddy enjoy kicking back and watching football on Saturdays.
If you look close you can see she is holding a box of Winchester shotgun shells. Just the type girl I hoped she'd be when I ordered that coming home outfit with the extra large flower accessory. 
Last night we asked her what she wanted to eat for her birthday dinner and she said, "pop-cic" and that's exactly what she'll get. A popsicle with a side of strawberry cupcakes and a cup of "mook" because being the birthday girl only comes one day a year. 

2 comments:

  1. Such a precious post! She is still one of the cutest little things. I hope she is feeling better. Happy Birthday, Reese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy bithday, Reese. You are such a blessed and loved little girl. You are surrounded with loving parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins that love you so very much. God changed all of our lives the day you were born. Mee Maw and Pee Paw love you so much.

    ReplyDelete