Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Reese's Pony Party

When I started planning Reese's birthday party{I would tell you exactly how many hours I thought about and planned this party but I'm afraid you'd think less of me} I showed Adam all the pictures of things I wanted to do and have at the party. I was so excited because I knew a pony party was where it was at. You know what he said? "what happened to getting plates at Walmart, going to the Ashland park where half the pavilion was flooded, and having cake and ice cream?" That's when I introduced myself to him because clearly he doesn't know me very well.

Thursday (her birthday) started off just the way one would expect the terrible 2's to start. When I woke her up she cried and pitched a fit for no apparent reason.  Then she kicked and refused to take 
her PJs off. It was all just a load of fun for her mamma. 

After her party at daycare(which I do have a few picture of, but at this point I have been uploading the pictures for this post for 3 nights and my nerves can't handle waiting for one more to upload), where she cried some more, we ate at Monte Alban (because she is a fan of the ultra healthy cheese dip) then proceeded to go home, open presents, and eat somewhere around 3 "pop-cics." 


I just pray that her behavior on her actual birthday isn't a sign of the coming year. I keep saying that the crying is because she is cutting teeth and has an ear infection, but I don't know how long we can use that as our excuse. 

I went home directly after school Friday, ran around like a chicken with my head cut off, and tried to remain partially sane while I checked things off my to do list. Jolie spent the night with us because I needed reinforcements in the Reese E Cup department, and if there is anybody that can get her attention off of me it is "Goalie." 

Since Adam isn't in the cabinet business anymore he isn't as available as he used to be, so my parents picked up the slack and did all the required running around for the party. They spent the better part of 2 weeks getting loads of gravel for our yard and picking up square hay bails etc. It confirmed my belief that if I have to work full time then I need a full time assistant.;) 

Anyway, I'm done talking. Here are the pictures.












I searched and searched for a pony. Right when I had almost lost hope LaRae reminded me of their pony Brownie. The pony party wouldn't have been the same without...well... the pony so a big thanks to Anna Kate for letting us borrow hers.
Blakely was the only little cowgirl that wasn't afraid of Brownie. She's going to be quite the trend setter:)








A special thanks to D.D. for making these stick ponies a reality.












2 comments:

  1. So cute!!! I hate I missed it. Hopefully next year I can be there with bells on. Oh and a 5 month old on my hip ;) Happy Birthday Reese!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious party!!! The picture of Reese in the truck is absolutely adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete