Thursday, August 29, 2013

We are right on the cusp of the greatest time of the year

I should have known when I wanted to do these hay bail pictures that any daughter of mine would have a problem with touching hay. It "scratches," a lot like the dress I put on her Sunday before church. I know nothing about raising boys, but I can tell you one thing: girls are a piece of work. A complicated, picky, demanding piece of work.

We had to bribe her with candy and a horseback ride if she would cooperate. She was good for about 2 pictures then I requested that she lay on the hay. It was at that point that it all went south. 







But I totally sympathize with her about the "scratchy" dress because I endured a long, painful childhood surround by dresses, underwear, and socks that almost caused my skin to fall off it itched so badly. I will admit, there might times that I'm a little overly dramatic; this is not one of those times. That's exactly why I let her change dresses Sunday morning. 

Since football season starts this weekend, that also means it is officially fall at our house. I plan to burn so many fall candles that somebody comes near an allergic reaction. And there will be rotel dip in the crock pot, and there will possibly be a fall wreath on the door. It will just be so peaceful and lovely especially when you consider that MAJOR MELTDOWN that will take place between Reese and her daddy over whose show is going to be aired on the "big TV."  I've got my money on the big guy because although she might have negotiating power in most cases, her Peppa Pig versus his football game doesn't stand a chance. Even when she brings out the big guns (aka: batting her eyes and saying things like "pwetty pwease daddy with shuga on top.") But before it is all over there will be a big fight and it will be a tight race as to who acts the worst. 

Last week Adam tried to get her to say roll tide, she replied with "No, war eagle." And let me tell y'all that that grown man started pretend crying about it. She doesn't like it when people cry, so she finally broke down and said roll tide. That was below the belt, A-master. Below. The. Belt. 

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny that the things we were so neurotic about as kids are the same things that drive our kids crazy?! I used to "fix" my socks 50 times before we left for school every morning. Then again in the car. And again under my desktop at school. And Avery Claire absolutely has to have her socks perfect, too. Guess it falls under that "you pay for your raising" saying, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures!! And A-master that was wrong. :)

    ReplyDelete