Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Ross Bridge

There are going to be multiple parts to my birthday post (and if you don't care and don't read them, I don't blame you) because I don't have enough time in one sitting to tell you everything that I feel like I need to. Plus it would be really long and I don't have the mental energy to tie it all together in one post, so I will start with my favorite part.

Oh, Ross Bridge Resort you officially own my heart and soul. We have said for several years (to be exact, since our first anniversary 5 years ago) that we were going to use one of the teacher discount weekends that I get to go stay there, but for reasons I don't even remember we had never gone until this weekend. For my birthday, Adam set up the reservation for Sunday night.



We waited until Saturday night to tell Reese we were going to go stay at a place with a slide. On Sunday, the closer we got the more times she asked, "We there yet? Where da slide?"

The first few times she went down we had to go with her. When I say "we" I absolutely mean myself as well as Adam. I feel like I have reached the size where I make people a little nervous. I could see the fear in a few peoples eyes that I was going to shut the pool down by going into labor. One guy even told me how impressed he was that the expectant mother was going down the water slide. Anything for the girl, y'all. But after a few time she decided "I do it all by myself."
After all the excitement of the day, she told us she wanted to "pend the night 4 times." That's coming from the kid who cried at bedtime to drive home from the beach.

The pool area had a bar and grill. For convenience, you could open a tab and then everything was charged to your room. Monday morning when they slipped the bill under our door Adam discovered that Reese's snow cone and bag of chips added up to $10. Anything for the girl, y'all.

She woke up a little after 8 and wanted to "look out da window and see if all da peoples awake." She insisted on going straight to the pool where it was lightly misting and a little bit cool. She still had fuzzy hair because she was in too big of a hurry for me to brush it, and she was trying to keep her hands warm. 



We ended the trip like all good birthday weekends should- at Krispy Kreme. (Then I unfortunately had to go to the doctor on Tuesday. I didn't even look at the scale.) 




No comments:

Post a Comment