Monday, September 9, 2013

28

What can be better than your birthday being on pay day, on a holiday weekend, and on the first weekend of football season? Nothing, that's what.

Honestly, turning 28 started off way more like I would have expected 78 to start off. I got out of bed that morning, something happened that I can't explain, and I fell in the floor. Well. It was more like I splattered across the floor.

Here's the story.

It was 4:11 AM. I am jolted away by a terrible racket over the baby monitor. Reese immediately broke into a shrieking cry. Adam jumps up and runs toward her room. I get up as quickly as you would expect a 7 month pregnant woman to be able to. I'm not exactly sure what happened at this point, but I know that I was moving quickly (I wouldn't call it running) through the house and right before I made the turn into her bedroom I splattered across the floor. And time stood still. Reese was still doing the shrieking cry somewhere in the background, I was partially on my knees and side, and my pinky finger was under the front tire of a pink cozy coupe. And I was very confused as to what had just happened. Then Adam, holding a hysterical Reese who had fallen off the bed, leans down and asked the million dollar question: "what are you doing?" (Clearly, I decided that I needed to get a better look at how dirty the floors are. What am I doing? What kind of question is that?) So later when all the dust settled, we were laying in Reese's bed while she consoled herself with a cup of milk and again...

Adam: What happened?
Me: Well I think that my feet just got ahead of me. Or I'm just front heavy right now. 
Adam: So you ran out of room to land that big bird? 
Me: hysterically laughing because yep, that was exactly what happened. I was coming in for a landing and ran out of space for my big self.

For all concerned persons: Reese was fine after her fall. She had a knot on her head, but she was fine. 

Reese told me on the way to school that, "I put you happy birfday in anvolpe in daddy twuck." 

Some of the kids knew it was my birthday, and I'll have you know that they didn't think I was a day over 26. Which makes me feel better about things because 2 years ago I took up a note being passed in class that said something along the lines of, "Mrs. Robertson is old. She is at least 30 something."

Thursday we had a 4D sonogram done, but she wasn't very cooperative. 


 It looks like she has a lot of toes but it's just her feet propped on top of each other.





Please note that I am not complaining when I say this, but y'all I am tinkering right on the verge of miserable. I am beginning to think this pregnancy things gets worse with each kid. I have said all along that I wasn't going to rush this because I am smart enough this time around to know that they are much easier to take care of while being pregnant with them than they are after they are born, but really people? Just like with Reese, I have an extreme tailbone issue that causes sitting to be painful. I have started swelling which causes standing to be painful. Adam told me last night after he had gotten Reese ready for bed and straightened up around the house that, "I know you are tired and all, but you can't just give up on me." Oh, bless him. He has a long 9 weeks ahead of him.

Side note: I have to include things Reese is saying while they are on my mind or I will forget them. Anytime somebody tells her they saw her doing something (such as "I saw you sliding down that slide." or "I saw you ironing those clothes.") She replies with, "You saw it on Facebook?"

At daycare, Elizabeth tells them to "sit on your biscuit." That is code for sitting on their bottoms. Friday night she was reading a book to me (she holds it up just like Liz does and licks her finger before turning the pages). She lowered the book with a no-so-happy look on her face and told her baby dolls that were in the bed with us, "Kimell (a little girl that goes to daycare), sit on you biscuit and eat you ogurt." And she meant business about it because a few minutes later she said, "Kimell, my momma got a poon. You get a pankin'." Turn me in to DHR if you like, but threatening to spank her with a wooden spoon works wonders. Plus it takes me back to the days of great-grandparents because isn't that how the stories start off about great-grandmomma getting after the kids?

Sunday night we were talking about baby sister coming soon so she can hold her and she told me, "Jesus comin' soon while we sleepin' to get baby sisor out."

Sunday she discovered that Elynn has some newborn diapers in her drawer. I told her she could use 2 of them as diapers for her babies. Adam went to check on her when she got quiet and she had on one of the diapers AND HAD TEE TEED IN IT! I see this and many other baby-product issues in our future. She can't help herself. She loves the baby stuff. 

3 comments:

  1. Silly Girl! I miss catching up with you guys in Sunday School! Glad everything is going well with baby Elynn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have laughed hysterically while reading this!!

    ReplyDelete