Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Running off

So a few months ago all of us girls decided we needed to have a function without children or husbands just so we could, ya know, finish a sentence without one of us having to go wipe a kids booty. (Being the momma is all glitz and glamour.)

Anyway, this event was scheduled for last Saturday night. We all met up at Brandi's house about 6:00 and let me tell y'all what we take seriously: the menu. There was enough food to have fed us for a week (which is exactly how long my oldest daughter thought I was gone.)

And that is why these girls are my people. We have our priorities straight. #1: the menu. #2: we agreed no pictures because we all wanted to show up in yoga pants and no makeup. It was my favorite get together of all time. And that's saying a lot since our get togethers date way back to yee olden day of 1990 (the year we started kindergarten.).

So anyway after catching up (and solving all the world's problems) I got home around 11:30. (I haven't been out that late in I don't even remember when. And I haven't mentioned this, but I have trouble driving at night. I can't see very well. It's like I'm 82. I may need bifocals or something.)

So at 4:00 AM Reese calls for her daddy. He went to check on her:
Reese: Is momma home yet?
Adam: Yes.
Reese: Go get hwr.

Me: Hey, baby.
Reese: Momma, I missed you so much. I love you so much. I waited on you all day long. It was a long, long, day. Don't eva run off fwom us again.
Me: I wasn't gone long and I would never "run off" from you.

So she goes back to sleep. Sunday morning she got in the tub and said, "Momma, please don't eva run away again." I assured her I didn't run away.

At lunch she said the blessing and after thanking Jesus for the food she said, "And Jesus, pwease don't eva let my momma run away again."

Y'all. It was a grand total of 5 hours. You'd think I had abandoned her for life.

Heaven forbid we decide to take a girl's weekend trip somewhere. Reese would have to be medicated.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I am driving down to San Antonio to see some friends this weekend and Eli is beside himself with worry. After reading this I'm afraid he will be scarred for life!

    ReplyDelete