Wednesday, December 17, 2014

House update

Well it's over half way complete, and Adam and I are still happily married. I just wanted to report that good news to ya. Really though, we (mostly Adam) enjoy this sort of thing. It makes me sad for people who are so miserable when building a house. It's just a house. Yes, it's the biggest investment of our lives, but still? It's fun. It's exciting. It will be over soon. (I can partly say all that because Jesus smiled on me when he allowed Adam and I to get together. We see eye to eye on a lot of stuff including, but not limited to, paint color and flooring. Which is really good considering I'm partnered up to him FOR LIFE.) 

The outside is almost done. The top won't stay yellow. It was getting dark, so these possibly aren't the best pictures.


Adam and Uncle G worked till 11:00 last night finishing the fire place and getting the mantle in place so the rock guys can start laying rock on it. It goes without saying that Uncle G has got a real nice Christmas gift coming his way for all the dedication he is showing to our house. 

So let me tell you about the guy who is finishing our sheet rock. He and his wife pulled their little camper right on up to the house, hooked her up, and have been living here for a week. Part of me understands this line of thinking- saving gas and all that. Then part of me....is concerned because there is not a real bathing area in said camper. And I will leave it at that.


No comments:

Post a Comment