Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Hair's the deal

Oh, y'all. She is growing up. And it's all happening too fast which makes my head spin everytime I look at her and she says some new word like "outside" or "shoe." Or like last week when she pulled an entire cup of Adam's red cranberry apple Crystal Light off of the table causing it splattered everywhere (including all over my tennis shoes) and she backed up against the wall and stood really still and gave me the sad eyes because somehow she knew she had done something wrong. How did she know that? (Which, really, it should have been her daddy that stood really still against the wall waiting for my wrath to unleash because he knows better than to leave anything within her reach.) Then after we wiped the floors and walls down she went to the bathroom and got her bath cloth and started cleaning the walls. I do feel that I am raising her right in the cleaning department. The girl will get a wet wipe and clean everything. One day her husband will thank me.






So anyway on the point of this post.



Reese loves hair. Almost as much as her paci. Almost. I know without a doubt that this is part of her genetic makeup. Adam loves hair. Not in the cosmetologist kind of way, but in the twirling it through his fingers kind of way. It doesn't matter who you are if you stand close enough to him he will twirl your hair. D.D. says he has been this way since birth. And so has his daughter. I don't remember a time that she didn't put her hands in my hair to go to sleep. If she is sleepy and we put her in her carseat she immediately goes for her hair. And the hair along with her paci will put her right to sleep.



Elizabeth made this picture at our reception and it is the only real proof I have of Adam's hair twirling addiction.
Photobucket
Well in case you didn't know MeeMaw used to cut hair. And when I say "used to" I mean back in the shag days. (I actually thought it was in the bee hive days but she quickly corrected me and said that my Nanny wore a bee hive and bee hives were well before her day.) Currently her only customers are PeePaw and the grandbabies when they need their first hair cut. So last weekend we headed over to their house because words cannot describe Reese's hair in the back. It has a level of volume to it that I can only wish for.


I knew without a doubt she would have a meltdown when we made her sit still. I was wrong. She got an ice cream and enjoyed every minute of it. She even smiled for the camera.



























We made sure to thoroughly document the moment, can you tell?



This weekend we went to Ollie's to see all the girls. 5 girls. No boys.


Reese was so tired and Krystal was sitting in the floor which made her the perfect candidate to have her hair played with.






Have y'all seen these bath tub crayons? They are Reese's favorite right now. Yesterday afternoon we came home and she went right to the tub wanting to get in and play with them. Thankfully they easily wipe off the tub, skin, and clothing. Oh, how I wish I had invented these.




Clearly, she isn't going to be a lefty like her momma. Maybe Adam will be able to teach her right handed things;)

1 comment: