Saturday, January 28, 2012

When the husband is away

Well, well, well. Guess who has been out of town for the past 2 weeks? Adam. It was Adam. Because I am highly paranoid and a lot crazy only my closest peeps knew this fun little fact. I don't expect to get any sympathy from you military wives out there (Krystal), but do you know how long 2 weeks is? A long time. I am not the kind of woman that is cut out to have her husband away for extended periods. In the past, I have been known to get a little suspicious of, well, everything when Adam is away. The past 2 weeks were no exception.



So this is how it all went down.



On Sunday Adam had to be at the Birmingham airport for his 3:00 flight to St. Louis for training. Since Birmingham didn't have the tools to pull off a flight straight to St. Louis he had a lay over in Atlanta. But you don't care and I don't know why I just told you all of that. Anyway, Reese wore her squeaky shoes and we almost got the security pat down because of them.



Photobucket



After a lot of pictures, blowing kisses, hugs, and a TCBY icecream we saw him off and headed back to the car. Which was parked in the dark and scary parking deck and we all know nothing good comes of a woman and her baby walking alone in a parking deck. So I was power walking while looking over my shoulder with my finger on the panic button because I SO would have hit it if I even thought there might be danger lurking around the next car. The only danger we ran into was a pole that I didn't see when we pulled out of our parking space. And if you think I got out to inspect the damage well then we need to reevaluate our friendship.



All went well until Thursday night when Dixie and Autie (better known as Aubie) got all up in arms over something in the yard. Something dangerous like pine needles falling from a branch, no doubt. Anyway, it got me on edge so I promptly called MeeMaw and PeePaw's for back up. (They were on standby, unlike the time I couldn't get them to answer the phone and somebody was on our back porch.) From that night forward MeeMaw moved in with us. (And it was a good thing because the next day a school I learned that 2 men tried to break in 2 different houses that night. Now, it wasn't our neighbors or anything, but you can never be too precautious.)



(Side note about the dogs. In the past when they will bark like crazies all night long keeping us up Adam has been known to go out on the porch the next morning (in his under wears) and wake them up by barking back at them) (I married a very mature, sophistocated man).



Reese talked to him on Skype several times, but as you can see from his face our internet wasn't fast enough to have good quality video. We went to Big Daddy and D.D.'s on Saturday so she could see him more clearly. By the second week when she would see him on the screen she would hold out her arms for him to take her. She would also kiss the screen when he was on there.




Throughout the 2 weeks I text pictures of our babe to Adam because he was certain that she was going to be grown and moved to college before his return.








This picture assured me that we have a lot to work on in the manners department before we send her off to college.







And I would show ya'll the pictures that Adam sent me of his room (because I wanted to know if it was a nice place or not and considering he has been know to call the Motel 6 nice I can't take his word on it.) but in the distant background you can see him in his boxers. And I wouldn't want to make ya'll jealous.



Every morning I took the verse pray without ceasing to another level as I begged Jesus to let her stay asleep while I got ready. Once the little monster wakes up she can be very demanding. There were 2 mornings that she melted to the floor crying because I couldn't hold her every single second while I got ready. On those days I was exhausted before I even walked in the door of the school. And if you saw me then you knew that.

But at noon yesterday our little world started turing again when Daddy landed in Birmingham. And I was so relieved when that plane touched the ground because I like all my people to have their feet safely on the ground at all times. Preferably the same ground I'm on. I took a day off so we could go pick him up. I'll tell you what else I'm not cut out for. Driving in cities with major interstate systems. My heart started beating faster when I got to a fork in the road and I didn't know which way to go. Which lead to getting off the interstate in a sketchy part of town to ask somebody.


Reese did a little cleaning while we waited.



And as he came down the stairs she was holding her little hands out saying "dadada!"



I think it was safe to say that she was a little tired of me;)

2 comments:

  1. I thought you did very good while he was gone. You did all the household jobs and took very good care of Reese. Poor Dixie is the one I thought was going to be admitted somewhere.
    Let's just say, we are all glad Adam won't be going off any time soon again.
    It is nice to be in my bed again, but I enjoyed spending time with you and Reese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very suspicious of everything when Dustin's out of town too!!! And, I don't like for everyone to know he's gone too!!! I just think we're smart!! :)

    ReplyDelete