Sunday, January 22, 2012

16 Months

Why is it every month when I do Reese's monthly update I can feel my heart ache. I don't know why I do this because babies getting older is generally a good thing. She feeds herself, she helps dress herself, she can wipe her own mouth, most importantly she sleeps all night, AND it appears the older she gets the more time I have to do other things. Like walk to the kitchen and fix myself a drink. Alone. But I miss her being a babe in arms.
Moving on.


At 16 months:
Weight: 21lbs
Height: 30 inches

At least that was her height and weight at the doctor a few weeks ago. We sent this picture to Daddy while we waited on Dr. C.
Has 2 teeth on bottom and 2 on top.

Wears 12 month clothes and size 3 diapers.
LOVES milk. PeePaw drilled a well for Wright's Dairy Farm this week and he brought Reese a gallon of milk home. If they were closer all of her milk would come from there. On the label they have a sticker that says "NO GROWTH HOROMONES USED." On a scientific level I don't exactly know what that means for milk, but I feel sure it is healthier than the milk we buy at WalMart. He also brought her some chocolate milk from the dairy farm. When I was little the Barbers truck delivered chocolate milk by the gallon to our door. True story. I can't believe they made home deliveries, but they did. And I can't believe my teeth didn't rot out considering I went to sleep every night drinking it.
Enough about me.
Reese's favorite foods are Puffs, raisins, and peas.
Loves chapstick.
She can say a lot of words and learns a new one almost everyday it seems. This month she has added: pie, bowl, work and shoe to the list. Reese has renamed Autie to Aubie. I am not sure if Autie appreciates a name change at this point in her life, but Reese didn't ask for her approval.
When she sits down somewhere, like her princess couch for instance, she will pat her little hand in the seat beside her when she wants us to sit with her. So sweet.
There is one really big thing that I don't like about her getting older. The spankings. She has started hitting us. Mainly in the face. Usually she does this if someone is in her face trying to kiss her, but sometimes it is because she doesn't get her way. And oh the drama when we spank her hand. Other times when she gets mad she sits in the floor and kicks her legs while screaming/crying. We try to ignore her when she does the kicking thing. But the one that disturbs me the most is when she gets mad and hits herself in the head. I do not like that at all (as though hitting us in the face is any better). At first I got on to her for hitting herself, but it only caused it to be worse. So now we try to ignore it and she seems to do it less often.

She loves to get in her bed in the afternoons and play. I put a few toys in there and she is happy for about 10 minutes or so. She was pretending to be asleep in this picture.



She and her Daddy caught a quick nap after taking down Christmas lights a few weeks ago.

She is a good little shopper for a few miuntes then she starts demanding to be held. Or she wants to run around the store. Which is why we stay home a lot more now than we used to.

So I don't remember if I have mentioned this, but Reese is a momma's girl. To put it mildly. It takes her several minutes to warm up to people, but then she will play and talk etc. Today we went to our friend Blakely's 1st birthday party. This is how it went.
She went a little nuts when I handed her off to Samantha. So dramatic. I hope she outgrows this phase soon. Blakely looks so confused as to why a baby would cry like that. I'm confused too, Blakely.
Anna Kate and Reese had some bonding time at the party.

1 comment:

  1. I promise she will outgrow the hitting herself in the head thing. But first she will bang it on the floor, wall, table...anything that could cause brain damage really. When Eli first started it I had to do a lot of research to make sure it was "normal." I'm still not totally convinced.

    ReplyDelete