Monday, April 16, 2012

My new TV addiciton

Please tell me ya'll are watching this new show Duck Dynasty on A&E? If your not I beg you, please. You will thank me later. Wednesday nights at 9.

The kids at school started asking me a couple of weeks ago if I was related to the Robertson people on Duck Dynasty. What? Duck who? No. No relation. 

Except last Wednesday night we stayed up WAY past our bedtime to watch an episode.  And yes. As a matter of fact there is a relation.

Before the first scene went off I was hooked and ended up watching 3 episodes. Which, by the way, I regreted on Thursday morning at 5:00 when Reese started calling for me. Apparently "the weather turned off," as one of my students told me one time, and it was a warm and toasty 59 degrees in our house that morning and our baby was protesting.

Anyway. Ya'll. I LOVE this show. It is hilarious and I LOL-ed more times than I can count. I first suspected Adam's people could actually be related to them when Willie said he was as nervous as a long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs. I thought Adam made up that saying. Then when Uncle Si mispronouced "scientific" by saying "scien-fic-tic" I knew without a shadow of a doubt  these people couldn't be further than 2nd cousins to Big Daddy. There is a long standing speech impediment with Big Daddy. Next time you see him ask him to say one of the following: Opelika, pilgram, or penguin. And then call me when you get done laughing.

In completely un-Duck Dynasty related news I am so happy to report that the paint people took mercy on me and fixed my paint color. Well. I wouldn't go so far as to say fixed. Let's just say the color in the room I showed you will not be the color of my walls. My walls will be leaning slightly more toward blue as opposed to the green in the picture. But I'm okay with it. Did you know that Lowe's has a "you'll love your paint color guarantee"? Me either. But when the kid behind the counter told me about it I might or might not have confessed my undying love for him. He is now one of my favorite people.    

Speaking of my favorite people.
She wears my shoes every chance she gets.

And she wants her hair pulled into a pony tail every time she finds a rubberband laying around.


I ADORE her to the point it scares me.

No comments:

Post a Comment