Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

Halloween with a toddler is exhausting. (I can't even imagine what having 2 will be like next year.) I started trying to get her into her Minnie dress around 3:40. I think I finally got it on her at 4:00, but she absolutely refused to have her nose painted black.
 
We headed over to BFF Addie's house because she was also going to be Minnie Mouse, and we couldn't miss an opportunity to get pictures. It was a challenge, but so worth it because Allison and I have big plans of it being in their senior yearbook one day. 



 When I finally forced her into her car seat Halloween Meltdown #1 began. We went home to meet with her Daddy and head out to get some candy. Our first stop was MeeMaw and PeePaw's where she took time to play in the leaves.

 The sun was about to go down and it was the perfect opportunity to make one of those silouette pictures I keep seeing on Pinterest, but I wasn't quite successful. I still love it though!


 She wasn't impressed with PeePaw's candy. She kept taking it out of her bucket and giving it back to him.
 We ran into Dorothy and her soldier brother Little Red.

 We made our second stop at Adam's Granny's where Reese took every single one of their Smarties.
 And then our final stop at DD and Big Daddy's where she got an entire box of popcicles.
She promptly took her Minnie ears out, pulled down her pig tails, and requested her dress be taken off. So Meemaw, it should make you feel good that all that hard work on the dress got put to use for about 2 hours.

4 comments:

  1. So sorry I missed Halloween this year. I am putting in a request now for next year. Please let me see my grandbaby next year.
    I think Red, Andi and Reese were just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reese kept asking, "MeeMaw not here?" Maybe we should just dress her up again and come get some more candy since you are back home? Or she would just be happy with a popcicle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks precious!! And I LOVE the silhouette picture!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of Elena making and documenting everything Reese does. Does anyone remember how Elena would say, "Stop making pictures, Momma?" I think Reese is getting the pay back though.

    ReplyDelete