Tuesday, May 7, 2013

13 weeks/ this weekend

I was going wait to post these pictures until I felt "safe" about the whole pregnancy, which will be somewhere around the day he/she is born, but I couldn't keep her face in this one to myself. Worst picture ever of me, but Reese? I can't stop laughing. I wasn't turned exactly right so you can't even see the baby bump so I made the executive decision to cut myself out.





The baby is really a little over 14 weeks, but I decided I'd document according to the official weeks. 

Sonogram from yesterday. 

Legs 


At church yesterday I got a comment that I haven't gotten before. Once you've had a baby you know the routine. People will tell you how they knew you were pregnant because your face has gotten bigger, or your hips have gotten wider etc. etc. But just when I thought I had heard it all someone told me, "well I knew you sure were looking pale." Adam had to duck his head behind Reese so she couldn't see him laughing. I mentally slapped her (and him) right across the face. (I'm just kidding. I didn't mentally slap anyone.) What happened to people just saying, "Congratulations" and then talking about your new physique when you walk away? Dr. Ballard has currently banned me from any sort of exercise, so I feel like the side of an extra large house. It is all a very pleasant experience. Hopefully, if we can get past this week, I will be allowed to do light exercise. I have also been banned from picking Reese up. Yeah, I bet you can guess how well that has gone.  

Saturday morning she looked at me after I had picked her up when she asked me to and said, "I love my ma-ie." I was still thinking about how sweet that was when on the way home from church Sunday I was getting on to her for something (I can't even remember what) and, I kid you not, she told me to "chill out Ma-ie." What?? When did she turn 13? 

On a completely unrelated note, Adam made me 2 very lovely lounge chairs last year. This is the current condition of Dixie's favorite chair. I can't stop laughing at that leg hanging off the edge. If it weren't for moments like this, I would have given her away a long time ago. I have a love/hate relationship with her. It's mostly love until she breaks my chairs and digs up my flowers. Plus she is the friendliest big dog of all time. 
I wanted a fierce yard dog to keep the bad people away, which is exactly why we had to buy Autie 2 years later. 

As you can clearly see, she is the ferocious guard dog that protects the plantation. 

Friday night Adam and I went with Big Daddy and D.D. to hear Larry the Cable Guy and Bill Engvall. I would be willing to bet that everything they said was hilarious, but due to the worst acoustics ever I barely heard a word. There was a highly detailed plan that had been tweaked throughout the week for Reese to spend the night with Aunt "Heada," Clay, and Jolie. I left her without any meltdowns, which was more than I could have ever hoped for. Around bedtime she started asking for me, so "Heada" told her I was on my way. She fell asleep, but every time she woke up she asked for me. After some discussion we decided we'd rather go get her on our way home than at 3:00 in the morning when she woke up hysterical. Plus "Heada" told her we were coming and she didn't want to lie to her. She is such a push over.  In a tragic turn of events we left without her "bunny ravit." Sunday night at 8:00 we had to make the haul over to The Delta to pick it up. She fell asleep within 5 minutes of getting her hands on that rabbit.    

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel better I hear that from you know who now and I am not even preggers :)

    ReplyDelete