Monday, May 20, 2013

High Falls

After the torrential downpour Friday night, we decided we should take Reese to High Falls. So after church Sunday we packed up and headed out. And by "packed up" I mean I packed a backpack with snacks because I was under the impression that it was a several mile journey, and mamma ain't goin' nowhere without a snack. I haven't been to High Falls in years, so my memory was a little fuzzy about the distance. It only took about 15 minutes to get there. 

There was a time when I was like 7 that I begged my parents to take me on a trail near our house called Odum Scout Trail. I distinctly remember being told that we would walk the trail when I was big enough that my daddy didn't have to carry me. That was exactly the story I told Adam as, God bless his soul (and legs), he carried Reese all the way to High Falls and back.  


It was when we got to the point that the water was over the trail and we had to get mid-shin deep that Reese got scared and wanted to go home. Adam was smart enough to wear his old shoes and shorts. Me? Not so much. My friends, it was COLD. 

 But it was all worth it because the scenery was beautiful.





















 Reese finally got over being scared and wanted to play and throw sticks in the water.






















Her daddy has taught her how to show her muscles.




























When we left we told her we could go get an Icee, but she had to close her eyes and take a nap. She finished her Capri Sun with her eyes closed and then finally pretended to be asleep for so long that she actually did fall asleep.

I feel like it is safe to say that there won't be much more trail walking until she is old enough her daddy doesn't have to carry her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment