Monday, June 30, 2014

Elynn: 8 months




At 8 months
Weight: 15lbs 12 oz
Height: 27 inches
Wears size 3 diapers and 6-9 month clothes. 
Still prefers orange baby foods likes carrots and squash. 
She has not cut any more teeth, so still only the 2 on the bottom. 



About 2 weeks ago I was beyond exhausted from her sleeping on top of me all night, so I bit the bullet and let her cry it out. We were very successful with this method with Reese, so I knew it would be our best bet. Her initial cry-it-out lasted 21 minutes. Reese kept begging me to "go feed her Momma!" or "Momma that baby's cryin' is killin' me. Go pick her up!" She came back to our bed after a few days because she got a cold, and was so fussy. But she is back in her bed now. I still get up to nurse her once or twice, but we are going to try to cut that out soon too. Reese and Elynn's rooms are right across from each other, so it makes crying it out during the night very difficult. 

Elynn is at the stage where if I walk by her and then out of her sight she gets very upset. Then I get very upset because all the fussin' is killing me- as Reese says. 

Elynn got her first spanking a few days ago....From her sister, of course. I walked out of the room while Reese was playing school. From the kitchen I heard Reese demanding, "Say the pledge! Say the pledge!" Then I heard skin slapping skin 3 times... I ran into the room and asked if she had spanked Elynn, "No momma! Her had a bug on her!" It amazes me how lying is something they don't have to be taught!

Anna Kate told me at her party yesterday that "Reese's baby sister looks like an elf." HAHA! Her little ears stick out like an elf. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment