Wednesday, April 20, 2011

7 Months!

7 months old already???

At 7 months Reese:
Weight: 14lbs 3 ounces at the last doctors appointment
Height: 26 inches
Drinks 4-5 ounces every 3-4 hours. She loves baby food (and popsicles as you will see). Her favorites are carrots, bananas, apple banana pear combination, banana mixed berry combination, and sweet potatoes. She hates green peas. She also isn't in love with juice of any type. (Dr. C said that we could start giving her the baby foods mixed with meats. Will it stunt her growth if we forgo doing that??? Because there is NO way I am going to make her eat such! It looks gross and I imagine that it smells even worse! Does everybody give that to their babies? Somebody please give me hope that this isn't a requirement of babyhood.)

Wears size 2 diapers and mostly 3-6 months clothes. I cleaned out her closet on Saturday and put all the clothes she has out grown in storage boxes. It goes without saying that the whole process made me sad. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was hanging up all those clothes and wondering what she was going to look like? (I'll tell you what she looks like. Adam S. Robertson. Did y'all like how I added his middle initial for emphasis?haha)
.











Just this weekend she has realized there is something in her hair and tries to pull it out. Sometimes she gets her headbands down over her eyes and it makes her so mad. For the past month (at least) I have been meaning to dedicate a whole post to her playing in her hair when she goes to sleep, but it hasn't happened. Maybe one day.









Went on her first camping/fishing trip last weekend. (I hope to tell about that later this week, but I can't make any promises.)








This weekend I realized that her hair will hold small bows. (That is about the 3rd time I have said "this weekend"- that's because it was race weekend therefore a 4 day weekend for me and it was just lovely!)






(I was hesitant to put up these pictures in her Easter outfits because if the dress I ordered her doesn't come in you will probably be seeing one of these recycled as an Easter dress.)







When I looked back through my pictures from the weekend (see, there I go talking about it again) I saw this picture and it became clearer than ever before that I am raising a small version of A-master. She looks just. like. him.


She does not have any teeth, but this weekend she was in extreme drool/gnawing mode. Plus she was a major grouch on Sunday so from what I am told I should be expecting a tooth soon....That is exciting, I guess, but I am not rushing it. I LOVE the big gummy grins we get;)


She is very interesting in everything!! She wanted the camera so bad...





She thinks everything her daddy does is hilarious. Sometimes when he is watching TV she just looks at him an laughs. (P.S. Momma thinks the face daddy is making is pretty funny too.)


Before you look and this next picture I want you all to know that I was totally and completely against this....


But because it was a sugar free popsicle her daddy thought she could rub her gums on it. I am pretty sure if I looked at all the books they would say this is a huge no-no, but she sure did like it!



As soon as she falls asleep she turns into a little oven and sweats profusely.


When do you officially declare that your baby is sitting up? She has rolled over a couple of times, but she has really never been interested in rolling over, (Dr. C. said "why roll over and look at the bed sheets? Babies have everything they need when on their backs." His accent makes it so much funnier when he says it.) but now that she can sit up that's all she wants to do. If she falls back or reaches for a toy that is too far away and ends up on her stomach it makes her so mad.( I like to put the boppy pillow behind her because it gives me a great deal of comfort.)







Your going to have to take my word for this because I don't have a picture to back up what I am going to say. Do you see that little pointed part of the outside edge of her ear?? (this would have been a great picture to use the text part of my editing program and point to it, but I don't have that kind of time today.) It might not be so clear in this picture, but it's there. Her daddy has the exact same thing in the exact same place. See, I told you I was raising a small version of him.





We have officially gotten our money out of this stroller (and put 100 miles on the tires already). It puts her to sleep every time!



We did some shopping this weekend and I just love how she props her little foot up on the tray. (I gave her a little teething ring to chew while we were in Target and I never saw it again. I assume she threw it overboard.)


Sunday I sent her to the nursery and to my surprise when I went to get her she was NAPPING! HALLELUJAH!!! But they said she fought it to the bitter end.






We let her sit in the buggy, but she didn't seems as impressed as I thought she would be.



Driving still puts her to sleep but it takes a lot longer these days. This is her sleepy face.


I am pretty sure the only thing she gets from me is her love of checking out the iphone while daddy chauffeurs us around.



WARNING: The following 25 second video might cause you to cry (or laugh at her which is what her daddy did.)(Reese E Cup- mommy didn't laugh at you.) Monday afternoon I laid her down after she had gotten really really sleepy. By the time I got to her door she was SCREAMING! I originally planned to let her cry for 5 minutes and then go in and soothe her. At the 5 minute mark she was falling asleep and then waking up to scream some more so I left her thinking she was about to give up the fight. Wrong. After 13 minutes I gave in and picked her up. 13 minutes! Better known as an eternity. As soon as I picked her up she fell asleep but was still trying to catch her breath in her sleep. Yes, we have a little sleep hating monster on our hands.

2 comments:

  1. I think the meat baby foods are gross. We skipped them and Avery Claire will eat real chicken. I say don't worry about it. We have that same little ducky outfit - I love it!! I'm calling Reese's future profession of ballerina right now. She has those cutie-patootie toes pointed in every picture in that bed! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't do a lot of the meat baby foods with my boys. I did find a couple they liked (I think it was ham & apples and turkey & apples). It looked gross, but the fruit added in made it sweet enough that they liked it. I never forced mine to eat the meat foods if they didn't like it. I can't believe your little girl is 7 months old. I've been following your blog since she was born and it has flown by. She is so beautiful! I love the duck outfit! I know I didn't like it when people said they wanted to squeeze my babies, but she is just too cute . . . I could definitely give her a squeeze! :)

    ReplyDelete