Saturday, June 18, 2011

All things Trish

Who's Trish? PeePaw, of course! As a young lad me and my friends might have nicknamed him that while we were covering him with shaving cream while he slept in his recliner. It's short (and hilarious to a group of 8 year olds) for Patrick/Patricia. In honor of Father's Day I would like to tell you a little about PeePaw. In recent years he has become a man that even he doesn't recognize. In no particular order here are a few things:



Growing up there was one thing I was not allowed to have under any circumstances. A dog in the house. Fast forward to current day. Let me introduce you to Chinney, also known as Trish's 4th child.


He rides the 4-wheeler and lawn mower with my former house dog hating father. He is even allowed to ride in his truck. AND they play hide and seek regularly.



If your a dog lover don't read this next statement. Growing up if our dogs ever had a health problem (or Lord forbid got hit by a car) he was of the school that they were to be shot and put out of their misery. No vet trip required. But Chinney? Oh, not Chinney. Trish has been known to RUSH him to the vet when he appeared to be having a seizure. It goes without saying that this little dog has met his health care deductible.

He decided to cut back on his caffeine by starting to drink Mountain Dew instead of Diet Coke. The day he told me that was the day he lost all credibility with me.


I grew up believing credit cards were of the devil. Trish always paid with cash and could not understand why anybody would use a credit/debit card. In recent years I have watched him love and adore the convenience of paying with a credit card.

Somewhere around 1997 he found out he was hypoglycemic or in his words he has the "sugar." All sugar was abolished from our house. Down to the loaf bread we ate. It all had to be sugar free. I started to questioning what happened to the man I knew as my father a few months ago when I saw him walk out of a store with a regular coke and proceed to pay for his gas with his Visa card.

Is a self proclaimed pediatrician and doesn't hesitate to tell me how things ought to be done with my girl.

Has been known to do the following:

a. Get into situations such as this...

b. Shoot deer like this one from the front porch...



c. Aggravate the little ones to no end...(that's Reese and I had to look twice because oh my goodness how she has changed!)




d. Leave a To Do List for MeeMaw and sign it "the boss"



e. Quote Andy Griffith, Barney Fife and Fred Sanford word for word.


g. Fix an electrical problem we were having at our house without turning the breaker off first (because he is a self proclaimed "pro-fessional") which resulted in two hot wires touching and sparks flying everywhere. He would tell you that I ran and screamed like a little school girl, but I can tell you that he almost ran me over trying to get away from the electrical box. And nobody was screaming louder than he was.


Happy Father's Day PeePaw!! We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment