Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Wedding Bells and Puppy Tales

There is nothing that makes me go back in time and get all sentimental like a wedding. Reese attended her first wedding this weekend and while we were getting ready I told her all about her momma and daddy's wedding day. Our friends Adam and Adrienne tied the knot this weekend and it was just lovely. The wedding party and their families all staying in a hotel Friday and Saturday night in Montgomery. As soon as we walked in our room Adam declared that during his speech that night he was going to start out by saying, "thank you Mrs. Maureen for the hotel room. It's real nice Clark." Although he did give a speech I am happy to report that no quotes from Clark W. Griswold or Christmas Vacation made an appearance.

The whole event made me want to drag my dress out and put it back on in an effort to relive the moment. The only thing that stopped me was the bone chilling fear of seeing that it's a good 3 inches from zipping. Shiver. There are some things better left in the past. My wedding dress tops that list.

My favorite part of the weekend (aside from seeing our peeps pledge their love for one another till death do us part)(and the corn nuggets at the reception) was when the maid came around to make up our bed, pick up dirty towels, and fluff the pillows. It made me realize what a terrible job our maid at home is doing and that she ought to be fired. But then it hit me that I am the maid at home and I am not going to be able to find someone else to do all the required maintenance at our house for the loose change I randomly find in the washer. Oh, and of course all of the appreciation I receive.

So, without further ado here are some pic of the weekend






The speech....(He's very animated. Can you tell?)



Reese's favorite part was the full length mirror. The poor cleaning lady is probably still trying to get the slober off of it.



And we all slept as one big happy family in the king size bed. Which leads me to another point. We bought a king size bed today and it is possible that it will single handedly save our marriage.



















Zack spoiling the girl.


And his lovely bride Samantha



The happy couple





Adam twirled Reese and Anna Kate around dance floor.




Matthew Allen sang a little love song to Reese and she was very impressed with his abilities.




And finally all of the wedding bliss got to her and she crashed.



On another note I am sad to report that my sweet little Autie had a run in with danger last week. Unfortunately danger won. She and Dixie were reported missing late Wednesday night, but Adam went on a tirade about how tired he was of dealing with them and trying to keep them in the yard and blah blah blah.....To be honest I quit listening because I have heard it all before. A community wide Autie Alert went out which included but is not limited to calling my parents across the street and asking if they had seen the pups. On Thursday afternoon PeePaw called with the revelation that, "come to think of it I've got a coyote trap set down by the barn I better go check it." Well, yeah. That would be good. Sure enough he showed up at the door with Autie and her big swelled toe. The pictures do not do it justice because I forgot to make one until yesterday and all the swelling has gone down. I am not emotionally ready to talk about it yet, but for the record she was caught in the trap for at least 8 hours. I know this because there was an Autie sighting that morning at 6 as she galloped across the pasture at MeeMaw and PeePaws living up her new found freedom. I would like to say they learned a lesson, but they went missing again on Sunday. But they came back. All toes intact. And honestly the whole situation made me agree with Adam. Just do me a favor? If you see them ran over in the road please drag them to the side so I don't have to see it. Thanks.



1 comment: