Thursday, June 16, 2011

Oh the places we go...

On Monday I threw caution to the wind and loaded up our stuff for a work trip with Adam to South Carolina. I was a little apprehensive considering the amount of travel that would be involved in getting from our house to our Charleston, South Carolina destination. In all our travels she took a couple of naps, but none that lasted longer than 40 minutes. Oh wait, I take that back. Tuesday she took a record breaking 1 hour nap. I sat in the back and entertained her most of the trip and it went surprisingly well.

We helped Daddy with his work.


We rested in the hotel room while Daddy went to work.



We went to Market in downtown Charleston, and from the looks of it Reese was very impressed.


We broke a personal rule of mine not to swim in random hotel swimming pools. (And that wasn't the only rule that was broken in the pool area.)


I can't guarantee that Reese didn't in some way violate numbers 4 through 5. (Which is exactly why I avoid random hotel swimming pools. There's not enough chlorine in all of South Carolina to make me believe that water was sanitary.)


And we ate. Here's a comprehensive list of all the places we dined:

Firehouse Subs, (we wouldn't miss an opportunity for this especially since we were tragically informed that the one in Oxford closed. It was a sad , sad day in our lives) Lizard's Thicket, Sticky Fingers, and Outback. And then we went ahead and got ice cream and milkshakes at Chick-Fil-A because Adam's stomach might get nervous if he just went cold turkey on

consuming mass amounts of sugar.


This trip reminded me just how much my life has changed since the girl came along. Historically I was just along for the ride. I would kick back in the passenger seat, read a good book, take naps, and look up occasionally to tell Adam that we were driving too fast. Not this trip. I was the Anti-Meltdown team leader this week. I was semi successful. (Which in the world of traveling with a baby is the same thing as being hugely successful.)

No comments:

Post a Comment