Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sweet, Sweet Summertime

I was thinking about doing a post about all the things we've been up to during our summer vacation, but then I realized it would probably be the most boring blog post you have ever read. But then I realized that I don't have anything else to talk about (unless you count the fact that I had to have new tires and rotors on my car Monday and it cost a sweet fortune but who wants to hear about that??) so here's what we've been up to.....brace yourself for all the excitement....


We've been escaping the heat at the swimming pool



Dixie and Autie have been escaping the heat under the porch







We've been learning how to work our cup



We've been trying to hold on to anything that will stand still and stand up


We've been doing laundry. If I don't pay attention she will unfold all the clothes as I fold them. Since we've been home she has fallen in love with the clothes basket. (It is highly likely that this is just now happening because she hasn't ever seen one too often.)




We've been sitting outside in the mornings and watching the pups play. Our girl loves the dogs! (Don't tell her, but I don't think the feeling is mutual.)



We've been resting. A lot. She hasn't been getting up until roughly 7:15 every morning which is nothing less than a gift from above. I am ashamed to admit this, but I am going to anyway. (Mainly because I hope some of you will say you've done it too, but if I don't get any comments on this I am going to assume it's because of this problem with commenting I keep hearing about and not that I'm alone in this occurance.) Sunday morning she started to cry, but I didn't go after her because she will usually go back to sleep. I would say she cried for 5 to 7 minutes so I went and got her. When I picked her up I realized (to my horror) that she had wet her bed... (Yes, the votes have been tallied and I am the mother of the year.) Monday morning- same thing. Last night I put a bigger diaper on her and it didn't happen this morning. I can only hope that wetting the bed was what woke her up. Right? She hadn't been sleeping in wet clothes for too long had she? I refuse to believe it.


She has also started saying "ma-ma." So sweet. And she has started having a little temper. If we take a toy (or a bottle cap that she found and put in her mouth) away from her she straightens her legs and slings her arms while screaming.


We've been indulging in some treats like popcicles and watermelon (which might have been the cause of the wetting the bed incidents??)



And we (meaning me) have been living on the edge and staying up till close to 9:30. Hope ya'll are having as much fun as we are.


P.S. We're spending a lot of time in denial that I ever have to go back to work.

4 comments:

  1. the wet bed problem used to happen with dexter quite frequently. i solved it by purchasing a sanity-saver known as the overnight diaper. huggies and pampers both make them, and both brands have worked for us...the pampers are slightly cheaper and they both seem to work equally well. it seems like an unnecessary expense, but one box will last you a long time because you only use them at night (or on a long car trip!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most likely she cried because she was wet! You're not a bad parent! It's probably just that her diapers were too small. By the way, I miss y'all. Anna Kate really does too. She's carrying Reese's picture around again calling for her. I just tell her that we will see her soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are the days I am most happy to be a teacher!!

    ReplyDelete