Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Random list....

You know how summer is supposed to be all relaxation and fun in the sun? Not our summer. I am emotionally and physically drained and here is a summary of why.
1. It was a tragic turn of events on Friday night when we realized that EVERY SINGLE paci was lost. LOST. As in, nowhere to be found. Which translates into zero sleep occurring at our house, and that's not at all the picture I had in mind of how our weekend would start. I opened the closet door the next morning and there on the floor sat one of the much sought after pacis. It was almost like it was taunting me by sitting there in plain sight after we had search the house top to bottom the night before. Saturday morning we went promptly to Target and bought 4 shiny new pacis. Here's one of them.

2. A-master got in over his head by volunteering to "coach" church league softball this year. And I use the term "coach" loosely. There are a total of 24 people wanting to play which makes it hard to rotate everyone into the game since we're usually getting beat by 10 runs in the 4th inning and the game is called. (And yes, everyone has to play beacuse it is the Christian thing to do.) Last week we were at the ball field 3 night, played 6 games, and won 1. One game was so bad he almost called a press conference to announce his resignation because A-master DOES NOT like getting beat.
3. Speaking of resignation....drum roll please....I resigned from C'burg last week. There I said it. Am I crazy? Don't answer that. It was a rhetorical question. Hopefully next week I will be coming to you with exciting news about my new job (don't get too excited or anything. I'll still be teaching the youth of our day, but it won't be in C'burg.). If it's not good news then I'll be coming to you crying and begging for someone to have career mercy on me and hire me to do something. Anything. Because in case I have never mentioned it hubby is a sales rep for a cabinet company.....And the cabinet biz? It has seen better days. I'll be giving you a long and boring posts about all of this next week. I know you'll be on the edge of your seat with anticipation until then.
4. Yesterday at Winn Dixie Reese kept pulling the buggy cover off of the buggy and putting her mouth on the metal part. I have no doubt she will be coming down with some horrific virus that we will all get. And there is nothing worse than for Adam to have a virus. All the whining is more than I can bear.
5. Something terrible has happened to my email account and I can no longer access it which means if you've emailed me I haven't gotten it. And what good is my handy dandy iphone if I can't read all the highly important emails I get on a daily basis?
6. Due to all of the stress related to #3 my house has been terribly neglected. There is a deep cleaning scheduled for tomorrow unless I see something shiny and get distracted.
7. Remember the king size mattress I mentioned last week? Making that purchase was the single smartest marital investment we have ever made. LIFE CHANGING. If your married
and don't have a king size then you aren't meeting your happiness potential. I went back to sleeping with upwards of 3 pillows (since we have so much more space and Adam can't complain about my pillows bothering him) and I am a much more pleasant person to be around. Anyway, our old mattress is still sitting in our living room waiting for its new home. If I have to look at it for much longer its new home is going to be in the yard for Autie and Dixie.
8. I have started looking at some stuff for her 1st birthday party, but I am refusing to accept that it's so close.
9. I would like present you with Reese's favorite past time....It is safe to say my Tupperware will never be the same.

And that concludes my list of random things that have caused me some or a lot of stress over the past few weeks.

We celebrated the 4th on the 3rd this year. I believe it was because everybody had to go back to work on the 5th and needed to rest on the 4th. Or something like that. Anyway if you look close you will see her red eyes in this picture because she a major meltdown when getting ready for church that morning.









But look how sweet! I adore her. Plus she has started giving us sugar (yes, we are raising her to call kisses "sugar" because we like to embrace our southern hertiage. And no true southerner calls it a kiss.)







She does not like for her feet to touch the ground, but what lady does?












I hope you all had a lovely 4th of July! And unlike us, I hope you all are having a relaxing fun in the sun kind of summer. And your church league softball team isn't getting killed every game.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pic of her trying to keep her feet off the ground! So cute!

    ReplyDelete