Wednesday, July 20, 2011

10 Months Old

At 10 month old:

(I made all of the below pictures and never got a smile. I begged for one and acted a fool trying to get one. The minute her daddy walked up I got the above picture. I carried her through the heat of the summer last year, and she smiles at him. Typical.)
Weighs: 16lbs 4ounces at her last doctors visit (50th percentile)
Height: 27 inches (50th percentile)

Sleeps all night in her bed. She usually goes to sleep between 8 and 9, but sometimes as early as 7:30- depending on what we've done that day. She usually gets up between 6 and 8 in the mornings. I love to go in and get her when she wakes up because she can hear us coming and is stretching her neck to look over the crib. When she sees us she smiles and claps her hands. So sweet. She then comes back to bed with us and plays until she is ready to eat breakfast.



She is a such a little bird when it comes to eating. She loves her bottle, but foods don't seem that important to her. Sometimes she will only eat a bit or two of her food. She tried green peas this week and really liked them. I can't remember if that's what we tried a while back or if it was green beans, but this times things went a lot better. Her favorites are still bananas, sweet potatoes, and carrots.

She doesn't have any teeth, but I fully expect she will start cutting them the week school starts back. Dr. C claims that the later they come in the healthier they will be.


She loves to sit outside. Particularly she likes to watch her daddy cut grass which is what we are doing right now.


She is a busy, busy little bee. She is constantly into something. She loves to empty out buckets, drawers etc.


She pulls up on everything including the side of the tub, the couch, and the toy basket.


She gives the sweetest kisses. Her techique: mouth wide open pressed against our cheeks. So sweet. She can also give high 5's.



Everything goes in her mouth: Exhibit A





Crawls everywhere she needs to go. Since she is crawling we (meaning I) have enacted a no shoes in the house law. (The vote was not unanimous.) But her onezies were so dirty after crawling around that I was embarrased. (I am not expecting the law to be obeyed because Adam likes to walk around with his shoes on from the time he wakes up till the time he goes to bed in case he needs to go somewhere in a hurry. I blame the fire department for making him this way.)






Everything goes in her mouth: Exhibit B






Everything goes in her mouth: Exhibit C



And for memory sake I am going to tell something that I ought not tell. And I am ashamed, trust me. Everything goes in her mouth: Exhibit D- I don't have a picture because pandamonium broke out when I realized what was happening, but she ate a worm. (I have my head down in shame right now.) Sunday we had just got home from church (and it's a good thing because if I had not just heard THE WORD I might have used words that aren't Sunday school friendly.) and I heard her coughing. When we checked she had a worm in her mouth. It was dead, but I don't think that is all that relevant once it's in her mouth. I don't know what was worse: that she had it in her mouth, or that it was in our house. We called Superior Pest Control first thing on Monday.


If you have a daughter and haven't heard the Trace Adkins song We're Just Fishin' prepare yourself. It is at the top of the list for songs to be used with a slideshow at the birthday party.

2 comments:

  1. I think my "Reese let's give Justin baby fever" plan is back firing. Because I think when I see her she makes my fever increase at a higher rate than Justin's......darn!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just heard the song....Oh My Gosh!!! Cried like a baby! How sweet!

    ReplyDelete