Tuesday, July 26, 2011

And she wasn't even sick

We did one of my favorite things today. We browsed the aisles of Books-A-Million. And I had a lovely time until I looked down and saw my girl trying to bail on me. I underestimated that she is going to be JUST like her daddy who would rather go to the dentist than read a book.







As I mentioned the other day Reese has had a little runny nose, congestion etc. The last thing I want to be is that momma that runs her baby to the doctor if she sneezes more than 2 times a day, but it sounded like the congestion had moved to her chest which is grounds for a doctors visit in this rookie mommas opinion.


Our appointment was at 4:30. We got there at 3:45 because we all know the early bird gets the worm. Or in this case, the early momma gets called back first. Probably. Hopefully. Maybe. But not in this case.


When we walked in the door I could hear a victim of school shots screaming from one of the rooms, "Help! Help!" It made me want to run to his poor little rescue. As fate would have it his daddy was sitting out in the waiting room and later came to my rescue. Yes, I had to be rescued at the pediatricians office. Sometime between our 3:45 arrival and our 5:45 meeting with Dr. C. Reese got her leg stuck between the cracks in these seats.


And, y'all. I am pretty sure everyone in Anniston heard about it. She was FRANTICALLY crying. Although you might not believe this- I was calm because I knew she wasn't hurting. Within a few seconds the victim of the school shots daddy came running over trying to push the seat apart enough to get her leg out. By then her face was turning blue from crying so hard. A couple of nurses ran out into the lobby and in a Spanish accent I heard, "Wait just a minute." I don't know where she thought I was going. And I don't want to exaggerate because I want to be creditable, but that nurse was gone for 5 minutes looking for something. Later I found out she was looking for lotion. By the time she came back Reese had pried her foot loose. Spanish accent lady proceeded to give me a speech about not pulling a baby free in such situations because it can make the situation worse. I came THIS close to telling her that Reese pulled it free on her own because we all thought she had gotten lost somewhere.


After all of that Reese wasn't even sick. Well, not sick enough to get any medicine. It's just a "tiny little cold." Which I am thankful that she isn't sick, but not being sick came at a price today. A high price considering the condition my nerves were in after almost having to amputate her leg.


And what was to follow made me realize what a sad day it is in America. Because I aim to please I made a special trip to Taco Bell for Adam. Particularly a #4- mexican pizza with 2 soft shell tacos- $7.89. I then proceeded to Chick-Fil-A (because I don't know if y'all remember or not, but Taco Bell and I broke up a while back. And if I weren't so tired I'd go back, find that post, and link it here.) where I got a #1- chicken sandwich, extra pickles, and fries- $6.79. Taco Bell is clearly getting to big for their fake hamburger meat britches. But God Bless America because there are people like myself that are willing to pay more for fake hamburger meat than a quality sandwich at Chick-Fil-A.


And on a completely unrealted note I am so excited about the little TLC special this weekend known as Nick and Vanessa's wedding. What? Who are they? Nick...as in Nick and Jessica Simpson. And I am not ashamed to admit that I was a loyal viewer of their reality show The Newlyweds back in my early college days. Guess what I'm a fan of now? Yep, Nick and Vanessa and their wedding special. That's where you'll find me Saturday at 8 central.

4 comments:

  1. I am sorry but that is hilarious!!!! Poor Reese :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Reese!!! I'm glad she's ok. And, I'm glad I read your blog, not only because it's hilarious, but because I had NO IDEA that there was a show "Nick and Vanessa"!!! I'll be watching! I LOVED, and I stress, LOVED The Newlyweds!!! I just hope they make it!!!!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this was a terrible time of panic for you, but seriously... it's HILARIOUS! I esp. loved the part about the Spanish Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This story made me laugh out loud! It's just one of those moments as a mom when you have to laugh to keep from crying :) I've had several of those moments myself.

    ReplyDelete