Saturday, July 23, 2011

Its been a record day

First of all she is either getting a cold or cutting teeth. I am not sure which, but we've got the runny nose and it isn't a pleasant sight. But lets move on to more important things.

This morning she slept till 10:00. Sweet, sweet Lord thank you for that blessed moment in time. Y'all it was a beautiful thing. And guess what? So did her momma and daddy. Technically she was up playing in our bed from 6 till about 7:30ish, but then we all went back to sleep and the next thing I knew it was almost lunch time. Made me feel like I was 16 again. But then I looked beside me and saw my husband and baby which quickly snapped me back to reality. Anyway, isn't it typical that I'm 2 weeks from going back to work and I just got her trained to indulge in leisurely mornings only to see it destroyed by the education system. Sad.

Then we all went to the pool for a couple of hours. When we came home we experienced another record breaking moment. She took a 2 hour nap. 2 hours. And she might have slept longer but we had a date with the new Japanese restaurant, Yume, that her daddy wasn't about to miss. And yummy it was.





I have to apologize for talking smack about the satellite internet the other day because I uploaded this short video in a reasonable amount of time. She loves to put her face down in the water and most times it gets up her nose. MeeMaw's pool has a salt water system and it seemed to have dried up her nose. Maybe it was the amount of salt that got in it.






Her hair has been growing at an alarming rate in the past few weeks. Look how sweet. And stylish.




When she gets up in the mornings it is particularly snazzy.






I feel compelled to share a few things with the group.




I can't confirm this, but I think P90X is what the CIA uses to get terrorist to talk. I (almost) completed a couple of the DVDs this week and I thought I was going to have to call in assistance. Brutal, but a lot of fun. (Is that an oxymoron?) Anyway if your interested in making your quads explode lets get together. I need a workout buddy to hold me accountable. The eye rolls I get from A-master anytime I mention him joining me tells me that he isn't up to it. BFF Steph swears we would be workout buddies if she lived here. But you know what I think? I think it's easy to talk it up when you live a state away.




Did I mention that I have to go back to work in only 2 weeks? You may be wondering what that has to do with anything and I'll tell you.




I really need to get my hair done before that. I was thinking about cutting a significant amount off, but I almost always regret doing that. I have a complicated past with hair cuts and coloring, and I am feeling the rebellious need to doing something new. I'm not getting purple put in my hair or anything, but I need a new do. Any suggestions?


3 comments:

  1. Don't do it!! Didn't you hear anything I said last weekend??? :) Kidding kidding..sort of. I might have been in a slight state of shock having not had my hair short in ohhh at least 6 years. (Well "short" according to me.) Yours always looks cute though, long or short.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures and video of Reese are so cute!! So glad you had a day to sleep late . . . those are so hard to come by when you have a baby :) Hope all goes well as you transition back to work! Oh, and you are so pretty, Elena . . . any hair style will look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would LOVE to be your workout buddy.....I could come do P90X with you and you could come paint my house with me....hahahaha. Its a great arm workout I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete