Monday, July 18, 2011

It's a bird, It's a plane....

It's the INTERNET! I hope all the capital letters and exclamation points let you know just how excited I am about this. Now it's probably not the internet you city folks are used to, but it's the internet just the same. Sort of. (We'll get to that in a minute.) I had a brilliant idea a couple of weeks ago that we would get the MicroCell tower that AT&T gave out to boost cell service in your house (which required high speed internet to function) and then we would get HughesNet internet services (because they were running a free installation/no contract special) and after all of that we would disconnect our land line. (Side note: we are doing Dave Ramsey's financial program in our Sunday school class. If you've ever been through it then you know my pain. Dave would be really proud of the whole land line disconnecting thing since it would save us some money every month.) Anyway, I was assured on 2 separate occasions that the MicroCell was compatible with HugesNet Satellite internet. Well, guess what? Exactly. It's not compatible. So in the end it was a complete waste, but now that I've got a taste of the internet again I can't let it go. We've broken up before and I don't plan on it ever happening again. We're in this for the long haul. Oh and you know the HugesNet commercial? It says 10 times faster than dial up. That's a lie. On its best day it might be 5 times faster. But who am I to complain? (I'll tell you whose complaining. Dave Ramsey. He is not happy that I just added another monthly expense to our budget.)
Back to my story. The day they were coming to install the internet I was planning to work in my classroom so MeeMaw graciously volunteered to come sit with Reese and wait for my knight in shinning armors to come with the goods. Adam said that if there were any problems to call him and he would handle it (which is my preferred method of handling things.) For a number of reasons the satellite had to go on the roof. They called Adam to confirm that it was okay. When I came home I thought a space ship of sorts had landed on our roof.

Don't you agree? It's huge, but oh so worth it.

This is random but look at her feet. When she sits in a high chair she likes for her feet to be able to see. We are raising her to be such a lady.


We were at the pool a few weeks ago and my sister let her drink from the hose. She.Loved.It. And because I am the mother of the year I let her. I know some of you are screaming at the screen right now because of all that on the news a few years ago about drinking from a hose causing cancer. But really? I've got my doubts.



If you remember from my last post A-master is "coaching" church league and it has caused more than a little distress at our house this summer. This is what Reese looks like after a night at the ball park. Her daddy looks similar.


Here's the coach himself. And guess what? Coach hit a home run tonight. It was an in the park homeroom, but a home run just the same.




Last week we went to Hobby Lobby and upon entrance my heart skipped a beat when we walked in and there on the shelves sat fall decorations. I could swear I heard angels singing. I almost went home and got my stuff out, but I knew A-master would be on my case about it. So in an effort to hurry the fall season Reese wore her collegiate wear on Saturday and we dreamed of the upcoming football season.






Chances are good we won't win a game, but by then we'll be used to it. Church league has really brought down the expectations at this house.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you have the Internet!! Since I do most of my shopping online, I don't know what I'd do without it!! War Eagle!! What a cute Auburn girl!

    ReplyDelete