Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Christmas village was not nice to us

It all started on Friday. I came THIS close to having a pie smashed in my face at the pep rally. I really can't explain why this tragic event almost came to pass, but my jar was filled to the brim with $42.99 by kids I don't even teach. I don't really know what this says about me, and quiet frankly, I don't want to know. I went to Fred's and did myself a favor by purchasing a shower cap. Thankfully a super nice local business owner stepped up at the last second and donated $300 to the Muscular Dystrophy Association if the coaches would take a pie in the face instead of the unlucky 3 teachers with the most money in their jar. Y'all, I still can't get over it. Why would kids I don't even teach treat me this way? I know why the ones I teach put their money in my jar. It's either because they love me or hate me. Y'all let me dream and think it's because they love me. So anyway, when I dodged that bullet I knew that this weekend was going to be touch and go. I was right.

Friday night we dined with D.D., Big Daddy, and Uncle G. And let me tell you about a girl who loves her Uncle G.



Saturday we met up with Addison and her Momma and MaKenna and her Momma for Christmas Village in Montgomery. We are going to give these girls the option to be BFFs at first, but in a few years if it doesn't look like that is working out then we are going to force the matter.




And Lord bless Krystal she had to throw away MaKenna's pants right out of the Christmas village gate. She had a diaper that was so bad it got changed on the trunk of the car and there are not words to describe what when on, so here's a picture. (And honestly, I think this picture says so much about Krystal. She is laughing histerically in a moment that most new momma's would fall a part.)






That diaper was followed shortly by a throwing up incident that was not limited to Krystal friend who was along for the trip (who, by the way, does not have children and I feel certain that we turned her off from ever having them.) and a jewelry display that happened to be near by. I am pretty sure you can only appreciate having a sick baby in public if you've had a sick baby in public. In which I have not, but I am pretty sure your baby getting sick on a jewelry display at Christmas village will rank among some of the stories that will be told to her all of her life. And, if by chance, Krystal forgets this occurrence I will have this blog to remind us. (Side note: I think that the words "throw up" should be ban from the English language. They are gross words, however in certain situations they are needed. Therefore, for the duration of this post those 2 words will be known as TU. It makes me feel better.)



And I love this picture. I bet Reese was telling Addison something of the utmost importance.






Don't they look like BFFs? Oh, how their momma's are hoping so.








On the way home Allison talked me into a one lunch stand with Taco Bell (get it? One night stand. One lunch stand. HAHA. I am so delirious from a lack of sleep.). We are not back together, nor will we ever be, but it was nice to get together for lunch.



Saturday and Sunday rocking on just lovely. So lovely that I had no idea the virus was in our near future. Reese was asleep in her bed by 9:00 and I wasn't far behind her. Around 11 I heard Adam scream like a school girl from Reese's room. I jumped out of the bed in a state of panic that almost made me fall down. Sweet little Reese E Cup had TU in her bed. Not once, but twice. It was so sad. She cried and cried. I think it was the panic in her Daddy's voice at the thought of having to clean up after her that caused her to break into hysterics. I thought for sure it was over so I gave her a bath and put her in new PJs. Such a rookie mistake. She continued to be sick until 3:00 in the A.M. She slept in our bed with so I have no doubt we will be coming down with the plague at any moment. (Dear Jesus, please let it be me that gets it and not Adam for you know that he can't handle the TUs. Amen)




I went back and forth with myself all night trying to decide whether to take a day off or not. I decided to bite the bullet and we stayed home on Monday. I am so glad I did. She was more clingy that normal and wanted me to hold her while she slept all day. It was pitiful. She still has no interest in her toys so I know she still isn't feeling 100%. And I could live my whole life without her ever having the TUs again.

1 comment:

  1. Bless her little heart! I remember finding Jonah in his bed surrounded by TU one morning. I also made the rookie mistake of Bath and new PJs... then before I knew it, I had 2 babies covered in TU! Hope she id feeling better and lets pray that NEITHER of you get it!

    ReplyDelete