Monday, October 3, 2011

Fall festivals and glowing jammies

It's October and fall festivals are running rampant. And, y'all, nothing makes my heart go pitter patter like knowing I have a fall festival to attend. So on Saturday Octoberfest was where we could be found. Myself, my girl, MeeMaw, and D.D. started the day by dinning at Shoney's for breakfast because nothing speaks fall like a buffet filled to the brim with high calorie/sugar food items. Plus I personally love Shoney's, but Adam refuses to eat there because something about a roach in his sweet tea 24 years ago....and blah blah blah.... I'm not saying that it didn't happen and I'm not saying that it did happen, but we all know 4 years old do have themselves quiet the imagination. So with all that being said we left the daddy at home cutting the grass.

I knew from past experience that it was going to be crowded and that I was going to get irritated at one point or another by some momma who brought all 8 of her kids and won't move her stroller out of the walk way while she lights her 4th cigarette. I was not disappointed. But you know, tis' the season. And I am willing to over look a few of our finer citizens in order to get the opportunity to see a dog grooming booth, funnel cakes, Christmas hairbows, 300 pound belly dancers, and cotton candy all in one location. It could be the 8th wonder of the world. By the time it was all said and done I had seen no less than 189 outfits that I wanted MeeMaw to make. Reese had a melt down on the way home like I have never seen before. I had to get her out of her seat at one point because I thought she was going to make herself sick crying so hard. This wasn't even the worst part, but you get the idea....




Friday afternoon while we were waiting for Adam to get home I put Reese's new/first pair of kicks on her and we went out to play in her playhouse. MeeMaw, although we appreciate you getting these for her she does not feel the same. It's almost like they put her into shock because she won't walk or move in them. So funny!



(Do y'all see what I see in this picture? I see years and years of arguments at our house over that hair of hers. Y'all it's a hot mess in the back.)


Friday night we went on our monthly grocery trip. I'm not kidding this time- I am never taking Adam again. Buying groceries for a whole month is stressful enough without the play by play commentary of every item I put in the buggy, and where does all this white trash come from, and how Wal-Mart never ceases to amaze him and blah blah blah...) You would think by now he wouldn't be suprised.

Reese got herself some snazzy glow in the dark jammies which she changed into in the car because there was no way she would be awake when we got home. They glowed in the dark all night long. Know how I know that? Because she was in our bed from 12:30 on and that little pumpkin face shinned until the last time I checked at 4 A.M.


But that was okay because I have a hard time sleeping the night before the first fall festival of the season anyway;)

2 comments:

  1. I laughed so hard at the belly dancers comment. We have all talked about that this week at school!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your monthly grocery trip! I really need to do that, but there's not way I'm getting 15 gallons of milk in my fridge (that's how much we go through in a month... if not more!)

    ReplyDelete