Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The only thing that stays the same...

Is that everything changes. Personally, I loath change. Despise it in most cases (i.e. our current administration)(but Lord knows I don't want this to be political). It makes me nervous when I get out of my routine. I am a very boring person. But this change is certainly for the better.

But this isn't about me. This is about the husband.

Adam turned in his 2 week notice Monday. (I know what you are thinking. Your thinking that we will resign from a job in a minute seeing how I resigned from mine a few short months ago.) (Used in this way "minute" is C'burg for fast.)(Again, you are welcome for the vocabulary lesson.)

Anyway, I've never talked much about his job so you may be wondering what he does/did. Or you may not be wondering, but I'll give you the quick version.

Adam is/was a sales rep for a local cabinet company. Actually he sold for 2 local cabinet companies. This is the same thing that Big Daddy does so naturally after graduating from Auburn in 2005 he also got into the industry. Now if memory serves you then you remember that the economy was rocking right along in 2005. I know it's hard to remember that because it has been all doom and gloom for several years now. Matter of fact it has been doom and gloom since somewhere around 2007- the exact year we got married and actually depended on his income.

Anyway Adam mainly sold Tru Wood cabinets in his territory which was North and South Carolina. Yeah, WAY away from home. WAY AWAY. When the housing market was good this wasn't a big deal, but then the doom and gloom recession hit us and BAM the housing market took a nose dive. Plus, if you've just tuned in, we had the sweet Reese E Cup last year and Adam traveling so much was a big negative.

Side story: I will forever remember when Reese was 1 week old and Adam had to leave for NC to meet with a customer who just couldn't wait. It was the same day we had her newborn pictures made and my sister had to drive us. Of course, it was probably the RAGING hormones but I was SO annoyed that he had to leave us that week. Since that day I have pretty much prayed daily for him a new job closer to home.


And there Jesus went. Amazing me once again at how he can make things happen.


My friend Kelli notified me that a sales position was opening with the company that she is the office manager for. So Adam applied, interviewed, and got the job all within a 1 week span. So Adam will now be working for Lincare out of Roanoke selling medical device (mainly oxygen and nebulizers) to doctors in his territory. The best part is that his territory is Clay County, Randolph County, LaGrange, West Point, and Heflin. And for getting the hubs closer to home I am forever grateful to Kelli. (Who, by the way, I noticed is "Boss Lady" in his cell phone.)


Adam loves sales. If he had to sit in an office everyday he would go crazy. He loved his old job, but it was time for a change. I personally think he is going to be a raging success at this new job, but I'm a little partial.


And how ironic is it that I did this same exact job out of the Anniston office way back in 2008? So ironic. The only reason I left the job was because somebody waved the possibility of being off all summer in front of my face, and no way was I giving up that chance. Thankfully, Adam isn't as motivated by time off as I am.


Anyway, this isn't about me. And good gracious if that was the quick version I'd hate to know what the long version is.


So that's my big announcement. I hate I kept you in suspense, Ollie. And I hate that I disappointed at least a couple of you by not being pregnant.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! That is great news. I love the boss lady part! Thank you for taking me out of suspense!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! What an asset Lincare has added to their business. I guess I am bragging but he is the most mannerly young men I know. He gives 100% to whatever he does. Congratulations Adam, Elena and Reese.

    ReplyDelete