Friday, May 25, 2012

Random post and a sick baby

I feel like you should know that I typed most of this post on Adam's new iPad which can be blamed for any spelling/grammer errors. The fact that he stayed up until 10 PM getting acquainted with it should tell you how excited he is about this little gadget. Plus I had to run the mail lady down to get it yesterday. He squealed like a school girl when I sent him a picture of it. The girl likes it too. Personally it hasn't swept me off my feet yet, but it's still too early in our relationship to offically declare my feelings about it.


I got an email from my mother that simply said, "You need to update the blog." Well, yes ma'am. We have been busy and I don't exactly know why. We only have one kid and it's not like she is involved in any extra cirricular activities. So..I really don't know what we've been doing. Oh, yeah I do know. I've been sewing. And goodness gracious it brings out the worst in me. To date, I have monogrammed beach towels for everybody this side of the Mississippi.

Tuesday Clay graduated from 6th grade and I almost got emotional because all the babies in our family are growing up. And why? Why do they need to grow up? Growing up isn't all it's cracked up to be. Can I get an amen? All the work and bills and responsibility makes me wish I was back on the playground with my biggest decision of the day being which slide to go down first.

Adam's cousin Brooklyn also graduted from 6th grade. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture because I was wrangling Reese and trying to keep her quiet. And it was all going so well until she fell off the bleachers. Please allow me to publicly apologize to whoevers kid was recieving their diploma at that very moment and my baby stole their glory. I know for a fact that there were people sitting around us that wondered how in the world we still had custody of our own kid. She was out of control.

I am currently in deep thought and consideration over my classroom next year. I have big plans of new decorations but I can't decide exactly which decor direction I want to go. I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 82 projects in mind and realistically I am going to have to narrow it down some or my mother is going to kill me when I start showing her all the stuff I want her to help me with. I have my current classroom packed up and I just can't wait to hear Adam's tirade when I tell him that we will be moving my stuff as opposed to letting the moving people do it. I'm weird like that. I don't want strange people loading, unloaded and meandering through my things. I just hope I get my job back next year or Adam might lose it if he has to move my school stuff 3 years in a row.

Oh, and about our girl. She's sick. Mrs. Liz called yesterday and when I heard her voice my heart dropped because it was the first time she has had to call me. Reese woke up from her nap with a 101 fever. We went straight to the doctor where we got a potential diagnosis that I do not completely agree with. She has a fever with no other symptoms so the doctor mentioned hand mouth and foot disease. Doesn't that sound so bad? Why such a scary name? Anyway, she hadn't gotten the door closed before I was telling Adam that it was a misdiagnosis. She doesn't have a rash. Yet. Her BFF Addie had the fever virus last week and I am leaning heavily towards that being the real problem. And honestly I hope it is because doesn't the fever virus sound less tramatic than hand mouth and foot disease? (And by the way- I mentioned the fever virus to the nurse on the phone and she said she had never heard of that. WHAT?? We are currently shopping around for a new pediatrician and I feel confident that thanks to the nurse and her lack of knowledge that office is now marked off the list. Plus she tried to tell me there was no such thing as the fever virus. She vastly underestimated the hours I've spent googling various medical conditions. I'm virtually a walking WebMD.) And you know the best part? We are leaving for the beach today. Thankfully, she was better this morning because we almost had to call off our trip. (Plus they are only contagious when they have a fever and this morning her fever was gone.) I am so sorry to all of you daycare mommas whose baby was exposed yesterday. I seriously do not think it is hand mouth and foot- if that makes you feel any better. Adam said he isn't taking her to the doctor anymore. He is just going to bring her to me and save the $30 copay. Smart man;)


P.S. My people will still be at home so any potential intruders should know that PeePaw is a quirky little man who has been known to "sheriff around" at random hours of the night and day. He is armed and semi dangerous. Consider yourself warned. Plus we pay good money every month for a security system.

2 comments:

  1. I'm also a self-diagnosis type parent! I'm always telling Josh: why pay good money to someone who just going to give them an antibiotic or steroid and tell me its an ear infection?! My boys will break their arm one day and I'm gonna say "Oh, just give them some tylenol and let them sleep it off"! We'll miss you guys Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A couple of things!! :)
    1. Ellie had a fever virus right before Christmas and she was pitiful!! Her fever was so high and she was pitiful, but those were her only symptoms. But it lasted a week!! When it was on it's way out though, she got a rash and our phone nurse said that's good, it's another sign the virus is leaving. Said all that to say, don't be alarmed if a rash does show up! And all you do for fever virus is treat the fever with tylenol or motrin.
    2. AMEN!!! Growing up is hard and no one ever tells you exactly what it will be like!! There are great points but sometimes I look at high schoolers and even college kids and I just want to tell them not to rush it!!!
    3. The picture of Reese holding the iPad and holding her leg up to hold it is so cute. Ellie does that with books all the time! They're just so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete