Monday, May 14, 2012

Birthday and Mother's Day

Friday was Adam's birthday so we celebrated just the way he wanted. At the mexican resturant in Auburn that we spent a many a day at during our college careers. I'm almost 100% sure he wanted to go there because it reminds him of the days he had absolutely no responsibility and could live on $20 a week. Good times. They ask if he wanted a shot of Tequila or fried icecream for his birthday. He chose the icecream, but when we got in the car and Reese started SCREAMING at the top of her lungs because we made her get in her carseat we all wished we had taken them up on the Tequila shot. If you missed Adam's birthday post from last year please read it here because every word still holds true today. 


You are looking into the face of a girl who loves cheese dip and salsa. Actually she just likes to dip her chip into something. Anything.

 My proudest moment of the evening came when I looked over and she had her dress up showing the world her belly button. Then she loudly declared that she had "tee teed."
 Saturday we went to Addison's birthday party. Here is a picture of the birthday girl and her momma trying to open gift. Of course, that's our daughter sitting on Addison's birthday gift trying to steal all the birthday glory.


Against all the odds we got a picture of all the babies at one time.

 Reese rode double on the roller coaster with everybody that was willing to ride with her. And even some that weren't willing.

 This was a kiss because Reese took Addison's paci and then Addison hit Reese because paci's are worth fighting for. Then they kissed and made up. I love that they are best friends at daycare. I refuse to think about the day they are in junior high and get into their first fight all because one of them made a new friend and didn't invite other one to play kick ball at P.E.. I'm sure it will all be very dramatic but for now they are just as sweet as can be and I want them to stay this way forever.
 Here is our attempt at getting our babies to all look at one time. I am estimating that it will be at least another 4 years before we can get them all to look and smile.

Allison and Jared had a bouncy house set up and this is pretty much how all of my pictures look- a blur of children. We almost had to go in and drag Reese out when it was time to go. She had on a diaper that was about one bounce away from springing a leak and nobody wants to be the momma of the kid who shuts the bouncy house down because of bodily fluids running down their leg. That would be the ultimate in  party fouls.
 Saturday Adam took Reese to town to buy my mothers day and to give me a chance to clean the house. And by town I mean Asland. So I was expecting a gift of the Dollar General variety, but only the card came from Dollar General. Reese logged on to the world wide web and got me a spray tan and printed off a gift card/ receipt sort of thing. Adam said she text him earlier in the week and said that's what she wanted to get me. She must know I'm a sucker for a healthy tan. Sunday we celebrated Mother's Day at our house. I had already made the announcement earlier in the week that there would be a slip and slide so the drop in temperature and the light drizzle couldn't stop the demands for it to be brought out. Reese loved it. She ran and fell more time than I can count.



 And she was freezing. Auntie Heather brought it to my attention that she was shaking she was so cold so she went in and got a warm bath. I'm sure we will be at the doctor later this week with some sort of cold.


Here's a flashback to my first Mother's Day.

I love that this year Reese is saying "cheeeeeessssseeee" with her mouth wide open.
 And I love that when I told her to smile for the picture with me she moved in closer and put her arm around my neck. It made me think about the day I found out I was pregnant and how suprised I was and how I wasn't sure I was ready for a baby, but now I have no idea what we would do without her.

And I love her face and that she was more worried about eating her chip than having her picture made. She's a lot like me in that aspect. Nothing gets between her and her food.

1 comment:

  1. It was a very busy weekend but as always you handled it like a pro.
    Juast want you to know how proud I am of you as a daughter, a mother and a friend.

    ReplyDelete