Thursday, May 3, 2012

Next year/ 5k/ And some more random stuff

You know how sometimes you look back on situations in life and realize that they weren't quite as big of a deal as you thought they were during the moment? That feeling of knowing you overacted about whatever was going on. Well that's exactly the opposite of how I felt when I went back and read this post from last summer. The post about taking a job that I was clearly told would not exist the following school year. Yeah, when I went back and read that post the same bone chilling fear I had last summer coursed through my veins again. In a lot of ways I still can't believe that I took such a risk, but...drum roll please... I am happy to report that I did not get pink slipped and I was offically rehired at the board meeting last week.

When I was told a couple of weeks ago that I was being recommended for rehire I might or might not have wept. Although I did have a potential job lined up for next year, I am so happy to be staying close to home. When I worked at C'burg I left Reese in the bed every morning which meant that I didn't get to see/hold her until 4:00 every afternoon. This year I have been able to get her up, get her dressed, and basically stare adoringly at her before leaving. And every single morning I have been so thankful, even though I had no future job security, because I would have missed out on so many sweet morning hugs from my baby had I not taken that risk. Every morning that I got to wake her up and see her hair sticking up all over her head I knew without a doubt that I had made the right choice.

The moral of the story is that I have a major character flaw and it's called type A personality. When things are out of my control I get all crazy. However, (and I said this in the post last summer) I know deep in my soul that God is in control and is going to take care of us. And He did. And He will.

Moving right along. We conqurerd the 5k. It was a much tougher terrain than I had anticipated, and I swore during the race that it would be my last one....but....we are doing a 10k in June. After that my life running goals will have been met and I probably will not run another step. And then in the words of James Gregory, if y'all are running then run past a Krispy Kreme and pick me up a box.

I am not kidding when I tell you that there were people running the race (who passed us might I add) that had TWO artifical legs. And that was when I repented of my complaining sins because I really have nothing to complain about.




Sunday I had Children's Church and praise Jesus it was beautiful weather so we went outside where the static from the slide got the best of Reese's hair.



During our weather day on Friday we did a little shopping and for the first time in the history of EVER she went to sleep in her stroller.


And she got a pair of Teva's which she has worn basically since we left the store. She likes them and they are easy to put on therefore it's pretty much a match made in sandal heaven.
Tomorrow we have another weather day and I couldn't be happier about it.



We are offically in Adam's birthday month so we've got some birthday shopping to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment