Monday, March 11, 2013

A day in her life

We went to the "rodo" (better known as the rodeo to those of us who speak English) this weekend and I plan to show you the pictures when the weather is sunny with little to no wind. That is when the satellite internet works the best which really isn't saying a lot because at its best it is only THIS much better than dial up. 


I want to make a record of what our little princess is doing these days because let's face it tomorrow it will probably all change. 

6:10 am- During the week I get her up around 6:10, change her diaper, give her a cup of milk, and walk out the door. Sometimes, depending on her mood, I try to brush her hair. I know exactly what some of you are thinking: you don't even brush her hair or change her clothes. No. The answer is no. I try to avoid all manner of unnecessary hardship in the mornings. It all started back in the fall when I found out I was pregnant and Adam got a new job that required me taking her to day care. I was so sick most mornings I barely brushed my own hair. I felt confident that a bunch of preschoolers would not judge her if her hair was matted to the side of her head. (Saturdays she usually sleeps until 7 or 8, takes no nap, plays all. day. long., and goes to be by 8.)

6:25 am- Leave her in the loving arms of "Bezabes." Most mornings this is a pleasant event, but there have been times that she cries the ugly cry (mostly this happens when we have had a long weekend together). Those are the days I call Adam on my way to school and remind him how much I despise paying somebody else to raise her and blah, blah, blah. I've beat that dead horse so long that I don't think he even hears me anymore. 

3:15-3:45 pm- Depending on what I have to do after school I usually pick her up between 3:15 and 3:45. She is either eating her snack or playing when I get there. 

4:00 pm- When we get home she quickly changes into her Tinkerbell pajamas, (which she does "all by myself") usually wants to watch "Dynasie" (Duck Dynasty) or "Tha Wabbit" (Stewart Little which she thinks is a rabbit), and eats a  two or three popsicles. Denying that second popsicle usually sets her off and causes the first meltdown of the evening. 

5:00 pm- Adam usually gets home around 5. When she hears him in the driveway she wants to hide somewhere so he can find her. We promptly eat dinner when he gets home because Granny is hungry and Wheel a Fortune isn't going to wait on me to get the dishes put up. 

6:00 pm- I start the sometimes lengthy process of trying to get her to take a bath. Apparently she forgets that she didn't want to get in the tub in the first place because when I ask if she is ready to get out she says, "not chet." 

6:30-8:00 pm- "Pay games wif me" is all we hear. We either have to run through the house pretending like it is raining, push her in her Cozy Coupe, or pull her in her wagon. We usually read no less that 15 books during this time, and feed all of her babies their bottles. 

8:00 pm- She usually says, "I sweepy. Go to my bed." She and her daddy go brush their teeth, we get into her bed, read books, sometimes she says her prayers and sometimes she says, "I said it eserday." 

8:30-9:00 pm- Sometimes she falls asleep quickly and sometimes I have to tell her "bout da bears" and "bout da pigs" a hundred times before she falls asleep. And sometimes I fall asleep before she does and Adam comes in later to wake me up. I am sure there are a thousand things I need to be doing during this time, but this is when I get to stare at her and think about how fast she is growing and all that. And one of her little hands is fervently running through my hair while the other one is wrapped around my neck. It is so sweet that sometimes I just want to lick her little face. Just kidding. Sort of. ;)

9:00 pm- It is a race between Adam and I to see who can get to sleep the fastest. I almost always win. And all the things that should have been done in my house will wait until tomorrow;).



This is random, but she finally got to wear those shoes she loves so much. 


See what I mean? Don't you just want to lick her face? No? Maybe it's just because I'm her mother. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm having issues with Ellie going to bed these days and while I'm laying there I am constantly thinking about what needs to be done, but when I try to leave and she cries for me, I always think about Darius Rucker and the saddest Mommy song ever...It Won't Be Like This For Long. :) So I'm just trying to soak it up!!

    ReplyDelete