Monday, March 18, 2013

I'm concerned about my summer vacation

People, I am tired.

By 8:30 Saturday morning I could not contain her anymore. She had her clothes on and was headed out the back door while I loudly made random threats about if she didn't get back in the house until I could get out of my pajamas that I was going to wear her out. I'm going to go with the theory that she didn't hear me because she and eight of her favorite baby dolls were jumping on the trampoline two minutes later. It took less than an hour for it to become painfully obvious that I have got to create a board on Pinterest strictly dedicated to summer activities for a busy 2 year old. Oh my gracious. I pushed her around in her cozy coupe with all of her little "go dis way" and "go dat way" demands. And we played kitchen with her Play-Doh, and we jumped on the trampoline, and I pushed her on the swings, and we played ring around the rosie, and that was just the beginning.























Those of you with little people at your house, I have a question: do your little people let you go outside and sit down while they play? Or do you have to run around after them? 

This is what she told me: 
Reese: Come in my house wif me.
Me: I'm too big. I will just sit out here and you cook me something.
Reese: Not too big. Get on you knees wike dis. (She demonstrated what I needed to do.)

After we (meaning me) had been in the playhouse on our knees:
Reese (while on the trampoline): Pay 'ring around the rosie pocket full a posey ashes ashes' wif me. 
Me: You play it with your babies. 
Reese: Noooo. Peas ma-ie. Pay wif me. 
I played. As if there was any doubt. 






















Saturday night Adam asked her if he could lay down with her at bedtime instead of me. 
Reese: Nooo. Ma-ie. 
Adam: Why can't I lay down with you?
Reese: I miss her. I cwy. 

Sunday Adam was working on some stuff outside and Reese kept saying, "Daddy come ere. Come in my house." Adam couldn't hear her because his air compressor was on. After calling him several times she started saying, "Adam. Adam. Come ere." 

A couple of weeks ago we were getting ready to go somewhere and Adam called for me to come do something. I didn't hear him, so he kept calling me. Finally Reese started yelling, "Wena, Daddy need you." Adam asked her who she was talking about because he wanted to hear her say my name again. She said, "my Wena, my ma-ie, my fwiend." 

Last week she started rounding up all her babies before bedtime so they could all sleep with her. This morning at 2:00 she started crying for me to come to her room. I went to see what the problem was "My baby won't do right." Which were my thoughts exactly. Her baby had on a bib and she couldn't get it back on her like it was supposed to be. 

Anyway, back to the point. All I know is I have got to get a game plan together before June. Other than going swimming, what are some things you veteran mothers do during the heat of summer? Preferably some things that will allow Big Mama to sit under an umbrella with her feet propped up;)

3 comments:

  1. Elena,
    I enjoy reading your blog. You will be proud one day of the memories you have. Keep playing with her. You can prop your feet up when she' married.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elena,
    I enjoy reading your blog. You will be so proud one day of the memories you have kept. Keep on playing. You will have plenty of time to prop up your feet later!!!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elena,
    I enjoy reading your blog. You have kept such good memories. Keep on playing with her. You can prop your feet up later!!!
    Aunt Becky

    ReplyDelete