Thursday, April 4, 2013

Willie and Uncle Si

I wrote this over a week ago, but forgot to post it. And to think there are people in my life (I'm looking at you Adam) who think that I've become scattered and unorganized. Ha.

We had a full day Saturday. Kronospan (Adam's work) hosted an Easter hunt. Naturally it was pouring down rain that morning with a little lightening and "funda" (thunder), which never seems to happen on a day that I have nowhere to go. Due to the inclement weather it was moved to the community center. And let me tell you, there is nothing like an Easter egg hunt in the middle of a gym floor;)


 She was supposed to push the egg with her nose, but she just stared at the others as if there was no chance she was getting her Easter frock dirty crawling around on the floor.



We rushed home and packed her bag for her day o' fun with D.D. and Big Daddy while Adam and I went to Montgomery to see Willie and Uncle Si. The last time she had a spend the night party planned this happened, so I had my doubts she would spend the night. 

Adam and I had a lovely day of Easter bunny shopping followed by dinner at Carrabba's. I had almost forgotten what it was like to eat at an establishment that doesn't have a play area. It was great. Not one time did a little person yell for us to "all together look at me!" Oh, but we talked about her the whole time;)

So about Willie and Si. I hate to say this because we have an undying love for them, but Adam was disappointed. His favorite part was the Goat Hill String Band that performed prior to Willie and Si. I thought it was good, but I already knew most of the things they talked about because I have read their book. I didn't take my camera so this was the best my phone could do. Willie is walking on the stage and Si is sitting in a chair to the right. 

You'd judge me if you knew how many times we took a picture trying to get a decent one. It was getting ridiculous so we just had to go with one. 
When we left Montgomery, we talked to Big Daddy and D.D. who assured us that she had not mentioned our names one time. A few minutes later we got the call that when D.D. tried to put a diaper on her (which is the signal for bedtime) she said, "Ma-ie, Daddy come get me." She was clearly making the statement that we were coming to get her, not asking. Soon after that she fell asleep. We called when we got closer to be sure she was going to spend the night. She was sound asleep. We drove right on past their house. Ten minutes later we get the call that she woke up crying, wanting to know where we were so we turned around and went back. I'm thinking that we are roughly 1 to 3 years away from her actually spending the night away, and to be honest that is okay with me because my world is a little off its axis when she isn't with us. 

1 comment:

  1. I heard from a couple of people that Willie and Si weren't exactly what they thought it would be like. But I'm glad y'all got a date night out of it anyway!! :) Ellie has spent the night away one time and it just really didn't feel right! I'm ok with her not doing it again for a while!!

    ReplyDelete