Monday, January 21, 2013

About that spend the night party....

So after I posted last night about the spend the night party going on at MeeMaw's, we went straight to bed. By 9:30 I was soundly sleeping on my side of the bed with no Reese E Cup kicking me in the side. It was lovely.

Around 11:30 I shot straight up in the bed, listened, and heard it. Again. And again. I jumped on top of Adam, frantically telling him somebody was beating on our door. He jumped up and slowly cracked open the bedroom door as if the person was in the living room instead on the back porch. 

Well, while Barney Fife fumbled around in the bedroom getting out his pistol (his new Christmas pistol that he finally got some bullets for/ the same pistol the Three Little Bears daddy had) I tiptoed to the back door to look through the blinds. 

There are 2 things I don't like to happen in the middle of the night. They are as follows...
1. I don't like the phone to ring in the middle of the night because it is rarely good news. 
2. I don't like for our back door to be loudly knocked on in the middle of the night. For, again, it is rarely good news. 

I told Barney to put away his pistol because I could see our sweet little baby's New Balance tennis shoes through the blinds. 

When bedtime came she cried to come home, so MeeMaw brought her. 

When I started putting on her PJs we had the following conversation:
Me: Whatcha been doin?
Reese: Cwying. (crying)

I laughed so hard because what I wanted to know was if she had been playing, watching movies etc. 

When we laid down, one arm immediately went around my neck while the other one was busy playing in my hair. Adam and I were laughing about how MeeMaw made a strategic error in not calling before she came, and how Adam's heart was beating so fast he thought he might have a heart attack. He went on to compare it to when he was in the fire department at Auburn and they would get called out in the middle of the night, and how a study was done one time about how fire fighters had a higher risk of heart attacks due to their heart rate speeding up quickly etc. etc. 

Me: From now on, Barney, while you get your one bullet in the gun I'll be taking care of the situation. 
Adam: Elena, one minute I was running through a field of daisy's and then all of the sudden you are jumping on top of me, waking me up. It took me a minute, okay. 
Reese: Hush. Shhhhh. Go to sweep. 

We laughed really hard because our 2 year old had to quiet us down, and then we all went back to sleep. 

1 comment:

  1. seriously , I hope this is a best selling book one day ! i love reading your post , you make me smile and laugh out loud, I imagine every detail in color . as if I was right there !!
    Bev

    ReplyDelete