Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas at MeeMaw and PeePaw's

Our Christmas festivities started at Ms. Liz's on Friday followed by MeeMaw and PeePaws for supper.

But before I get to that  let me show you my little elf. I adore her.

 I loved this idea of an ornament to remember her Christmas list.











And the treats we took to the daycare party.


































Jolie went with me to the party, and this is how excited Reese was that she came. 


She even found it in her heart to hug Santa. 


We went straight to MeeMaw and PeePaw's to kick off our family functions.

Clay and PeePaw got into the traditional arm wrestling contest. Clay is ALMOST big enough to take him;)





































Chinney. Bless his heart. He was in desperate need of something. If he could talk I feel sure he would have asked for his nerve pill, a stiff drink, and a cigarette. All the loudness was too much for one little chihuahua. 

Opening her very first present of the year. 


In our family we go youngest to oldest in the present opening department. I remember just a few short years ago when these 2 couldn't wait to get into their presents. They would complain and fuss about how the little kids were taking too long, and now look. Too cool for all the present business. 

This is for another post, but Reese is THIS close to being officially potty trained. She wants to do everything "myself." Her direct quote is, "I do it myself." She had gone to the potty, took her pants and panties off, and when putting them back on "myself" had them on backwards.  

This has to be my favorite picture of the night. Little Red. Oh, Little Red. He got underwear...

Reese took a little time out of all the present opening to annoy Chinney just a little more. 
My one and only big Pinterest project of the holiday season. Actually I made three of these, but once I got the kinks worked out the second 2 were easy peasy. 


A rumor broke out that Reese was in the bathroom scratching her booty with a brush. I'm sure MeeMaw was thrilled when it was confirmed that it was with her hairbrush;) I think what fueled this fire was that Jolie and Andi were laughing at her, so she kept up the act. 


The evening ended with a friendly $100 dollar bill game. This is the 2nd annual "100 hundred dollar bill game." The rules rule of the game is that my daddy makes the rules. Typically as he goes. There were 6 envelopes with different things written on the front. One might say "I might be a hundred smackers (PeePaw's term for a hundred dollar bill) or I might be a liar" another might say "Caution I might be a joker." The 6 of us (my siblings and our spouses) were each dealt 3 cards and whoever got the highest hand got to pick their envelope first. (If none of that makes sense to you don't worry. You aren't alone. Like I said PeePaw makes the rules as we go.) Our first argument broke out because, apparently, none of us could count the value of the cards. Eventually everybody got the chance to get an envelope. Adam never got a good hand therefore ended up with the very last envelope on the table. One envelope had $200 in it, one had $100, one had $20, one had $10, one had a joker card, and one had something else that I can't remember at this moment. So anyway, I, of course, picked the envelope with the joker card. My brother got the envelope with $100, and Adam, who got the only envelope left on the table, ended up with the $200. Which, might I add, half of that is legally mine since we are married;)




I will say that the Robertson family is 2 for 2 since I won $100 last year;)

Jolie showed off some of her piano skills. When she gets a little more practice under her belt she is going to play Christmas carols while the rest of us stand around and sing as loud as we possibly can. I feel like it will land a couple of us a spot on American Idol.

Just as I suspected Reese and Jolie started begging me to let Jolie spend the night. I knew that request was coming just as surely I knew Fiona was going to break the "no mess" rule. 


I was right. White powdered donuts were everywhere. Fiona almost got an early trip back to the North Pole for this little incident. 















P.S. I am coming to you live from my living room at the ungoshly hour of 11:30 pm...GASP. I haven't been up at this hour since last week when the nurses at the hospital WOULD NOT leave us alone. But before that...I had not seen 11:30 pm since.... oh my. Senior year of college? I can't even remember. Rest assured I will be pleasant in the morning when Reese gets me up to get her some "mook." 

No comments:

Post a Comment