Sunday, January 27, 2013

Circus and Showers

That Uncle G, he is a piece of work. A sales rep that comes to his office gave him 5 tickets to the circus for Friday night. He is one smooth talkin' devil. On the way he said, "y'all don't get too excited, the tickets aren't that great." Well. Well. Uncle G apparently can't read the diagram on the BJCC website very well because our seats?? Were great. I mean like 15 rows from the floor great. 

Reese was so excited to see the "ephants"  and the monkeys. (Turns out, they don't have monkeys at this circus. Saturday we asked her if she liked the circus, "dere no monkeys." Of all the exciting things at the circus, all she talked about was the lack of monkeys.)

















 The human cannon





















 I don't know what this was called, but dude on the top right almost fell to his death while trying to jump rope. I was glad to see that act come to an end.















 P.S. It was also my first trip to the circus. I know. I know. I have led a sheltered life.
P.P.S. Did you know they serve alcohol at the circus? I don't know why, but that disturbed me a little. Or a lot. I mean, there were mommas all over the place toting babies around while drinkin' em' a brewski. Which is absolutely none of my business, but come on. At the circus? With the fam? Classy.

Saturday night we went to Kelli's baby shower at LaRae's house. There are 3 buns in the oven in this picture. All three are girls. That will make 8 little girls for our group. I don't think we are capable of having boys;)

The kids had a great time, of course. Reese felt the need to tattle about every single thing. Earlier Saturday she came running to me whining and said, "daddy pank me." Then she ran back to him and said, "I told mommy you pank me." 






















Ringling Brothers doesn't hold a candle to the circus that went on during this baby shower.














MeeMaw made the dress, and I monogrammed Charli Jean's initials on it.



As we speak, the little monster and all her babies are taking a nap. So is her daddy. This is the happiest Sunday at our house in...ummm....3+ months. 


3 comments:

  1. Brings back so many memories seeing these little ones playing with each other. Many more memories to be made.
    Elena, I don't want you to think you have been sheltered all your life. You went to the circus once when you were quite small. You just don't remember.
    Can't wait to see the three new babies when they get here. I know we will see loads of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw so many pictures from people that were at the Circus and I just told Dustin this morning that I want us to take Ellie next year!! And I have never been either so I'm a little shocked that they serve alcohol there...?
    We sometimes have a tattling issue too. I'm finding it hard to know when to tell her not to tattle and when to really take what she's saying...hard parenting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Reese is precious! I use blurb to print my books. I'm a little OCD about it so its time consuming for me but its easy to figure out and it actually does it all for you. I just like to switch the pages up a bit.

    ReplyDelete