Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Back to work and 2 month old stats

It saddens me to say this but, for me, going back to work after #2 has been SO much easier than with #1. (It makes me sad that I'm not sad which is not at all irrational is it? I feel like I am cheating on Elynn or something. Like I should be just as sad to leave her as I was Reese.) The reason behind this is simply because I now work 10 minutes from home as opposed to the 60 minutes I had to drive when I would drop Reese off. Seriously, I was mad at the world when I went back after Reese. This time though...I am smart enough to know that I would go slap crazy if I had to stay home all the time. SLAP. CRAY.CRAY.

As fate would have it, Adam is out of town this week which means I had to call in my parents for backup because y'all it's like we are moving cross country trying to get all our junk in the car before 6:30 AM. Took me 3 trips this morning. It's true what they say: 2 is like 20. And just to make sure getting to work was as difficult as possible, Reese woke up at 5 yesterday morning and started demanding things like milk, yogurt, and "carcoons." I adore her, but she is a little tyrant. Elynn was up at 1 AM and 4 AM. I never went back to sleep after the 4 o'clock feeding, so I'm just fresh as a daisy today. I made the mistake of looking in the mirror on my way to school this morning- scared the life right out of me. Motherhood ages a girl, let me tell you. 

Until February, Elynn is staying at MeeMaw's house in order to be completely spoiled before her debut at daycare. (Actually, it kept us from having to pay for daycare for a whole month when she would only have gone 2 weeks.) I feel confident in saying that she is being held every waking moment (and the sleeping ones too). Reese thinks that Elynn goes to the hospital and stays with the nurses until she is big enough to go to daycare. I know it is wrong to lie, but I don't have the energy it would require to calm her down if she knew the truth of Elynn's whereabouts. 

We went for shots on the 15th. Reese was behind on 2 of her shots and Elynn got 2 month old shots. You can imagine how pleasant that trip was. Thirty minutes later, Reese was still crying and rubbing her arm when we pulled up at Target to pick out her prize for being so good. Adam said next time he will take off work and take them for shots because it will be cheaper than letting me take them for prizes. She got a new princess dress, a puzzle, and a bracelet. In my defense, the bracelet was only $1. I'm such a push over when it comes to matters of the medical community. And I don't know what Adam was complaining about because do y'all remember when I got my first iphone for not acting out during the 5 hour sugar test?

Stats:
Reese was 32 lbs and 37 1/2 inches.
Elynn was 12lbs and 23 inches.




P.S. I made the bold statement when Elynn was born that "that was so easy we might have another one in a few years." That was a VERY premature statement on my part. Because, no. Probably not. Two is about all this momma can handle while still getting to work somewhat on time.


1 comment:

  1. 2 is exactly like 20. When I was pregnant with Ethan, we talked about having more. Hubby said no, I told him I wasn't ready to make that call yet. Needless to say, the call has been made. 2 will be all, Lord willing!! :)
    Reese and Elynn are just precious! And I'm impressed you have time to still blog. I'm just now trying to catch up from Halloween!!! :/

    ReplyDelete