Friday, January 17, 2014

Christmas Part III

Christmas Eve night we came home from Adam's Granny's house and made Santa some cookies. 

 Last year when our elf came we named her Fiona (we had just watched Shrek the Halls). This year Reese kept accidentally calling her Sophia, so Fiona underwent an official name change and became Sophia. Reese followed the no touching rule, but every now and then we would catch her giving Fiona Sophia a kiss. Christmas Eve night when we got home Sophia had left a note allowing Reese to give her one hug before she went back to the North Pole. She was so excited. She hugged Sophia and told her at least ten times, "Sophia, I love you so much!"
 I wanted a night before Christmas pajama picture....Reese sang the whole time...
There was a lot of disagreement as to whether Santa would or would not wrap Reese's gifts. Santa always wrapped my gifts, but he never wrapped Adam's. Last year Reese was disappointed when she had nothing to open, so that ended the argument.

Side story: The week before Christmas Reese, Elynn, and I went shopping for Adam's Christmas. I told her all day that we could not tell Daddy what we got him. That night Adam asked her what we bought him, and she looked at me and said, "tell him or no?" HAHA!

 Elynn got some new paci's and a sound machine for her room.

 Christmas morning we got Reese up to see her presents.

She got a karaoke machine...what was Santa thinking?
 And her "sheen"....

Before I tell you what I got for Christmas, let me say that I asked for it. A Dyson vacuum cleaner, and y'all if you don't have one, get you one! It's like my little personal assistant. Adam couldn't believe I was asking for a vacuum cleaner, but it really is the gift that keeps on giving. I also got this hand stamped necklace with Reese and Elynn's names. Adam got tools, but that's nothing new. He puts some form of a tool on his list every year. And yes, we make lists and give them to each other. 


 We went to my Nanny's for lunch.
 And Big Daddy and D.D.'s that afternoon.
She had to put on her lipstick before opening pictures. 
 A few weeks before Christmas Big Daddy said, "I want a family picture for our card" as if it were just that simple. Ha. I wish I had time to upload all the hundreds of pictures we made trying to get a decent one. If it wasn't one of our kids making a ridiculous face, it was Adam or Greg.


 The night before this photo shoot, Reese had cried for no known reason from 2 until 4:45. Needless to say, we were pleasant to be around.

No comments:

Post a Comment