Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Elynn: 2 months



Weight: 11 lbs
Height: 23 inches 

She doesn't love her paci, but she tries really hard to suck her thumbs. She still hasn't had a bottle, but Reese keeps begging and I have to go back to work in 2 weeks, so that's coming soon.
She has to be the easiest baby of all time. The only time she fusses is when she gets really hungry; however, recently she has started fighting sleep a little. She generally gets up twice during the night, usually somewhere around midnight and again around 3:00. Reese had this same schedule, but for some reason with Reese I was much more tired. Second babies really are so different. I think I was already used to being up and down during the night with Reese, so being up with Elynn isn't as exhausting as it was with Reese. 


Reese is such a good big sister. Anytime Elynn cries Reese will say, "Her want her big sissy to hold her." She also tries to pick her up every chance she gets. When Elynn was about a week old I was in our bedroom putting up clothes. Elynn was in the swing in the living room. I hear Reese say,"I bring her to you." I turn around to see Reese carrying Elynn. Right after I recovered from my heart attack, I remained calm (I know that surprises all those who know me), thanked Reese for bringing her to me, and took her away from the dangerous grasp of her sister. I will give credit where credit is due though. Reese was holding her very well considering she is three years old.  I just can't imagine what poor Elynn's head looked like as Reese got her out of the swing. A bobble head, no doubt. Later I asked Reese why she brought her to me. 
Me: was she crying?
Reese: No, her was just all alone.


This could possibly be my favorite picture of all time.



Reese at 2 months on left. Elynn on the right. Although I think they look very similar, I am starting to see several differences. Reese had a more rounded face. I also think that Elynn is going to be bigger that Reese.

1 comment: