Friday, January 17, 2014

I'm so behind....Thanksgiving 2013

Well...my maternity leave comes to an end on Tuesday, so I thought I would try to catch up the blog before my return to reality. And a tough reality it will be. I have spent the better part of the last 12 weeks sitting at my house in my flannels while having Adam bring home dinner. Y'all, it has been a dream come true even if 8 of those 12 weeks I went without pay. I think it goes without saying that between (a.) me sitting around in my pajamas every day and not getting paid for it (b.) my lack of culinary effort and (c.) my new found love of letting the house get to a level of messy that I should be ashamed of, Adam will be glad to hear my alarm go off at 5AM Tuesday morning.  

Allow me to tell you what will make you come THIS close to losing your ever loving mind: a family picture with a 3 year old. Whoever coined the term "terrible twos" should have slowed their roll down just a little and waited for the threes to arrive. Y'all. She is precious in every possible way and I love her more than life, but you have not met difficult until you come face to face with one Reese E Cup. Anyway, that and the fact that the baby weight from #2 doesn't seem to fall off like it did with #1 is my excuse for less than superb family portraits during this holiday season.

Here's Thanksgiving...




And in case you are wondering (which you might not be) why there is never group pictures with Adam's family it's because they just aren't those kind of people. I wouldn't even dare request Uncle G and Big Daddy gather up for a group photo because I don't want to hear all the complaining and smart mouthing they would do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment