Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Elynn: 11 months








Serious business, people. The second baby grows up twice as fast as the first one did. While I'm busy meeting the never ending demands of baby #1, baby #2 went and turned 11 months old on me. 

Weight:
Height:

She has been practicing her standing for several weeks, but the day after she turned 11 months she took 3 consecutive steps. I guess the beauty of being behind on posts is that I can include that milestone. 

She goes to sleep in her bed every night around 8:00, but wakes sometimes at 11, sometimes at 2, sometimes at 3, and gets in our bed. 

For me, another thing that is different about baby #2- I can't make myself do some of the things I did with #1. At this point Reese already had pierced ears and had cried it out and was in her own bed all night. Elynn's ears aren't pierced for 2 reasons: 1. I haven't had time to take her and 2. she is going to cry for like 10 seconds and I dread that. 

Months ago I let her cry it out, but it caused my milk supply to decrease when she didn't nurse at night, so I had to go back to letting her nurse at night when she wanted to. Since then I can't make myself do the cry it out. She is so precious, and babyhood is fleeting so her being in our bed isn't as big of a deal as I thought it was when Reese was a baby. Actually, Adam and I have both softened up because Reese even slept with us 2 nights this weekend, and got in the bed yesterday and today around 4:45 AM. She never wants in our bed, but she requested it and we gave in. 

Elynn wears size 3 diapers, 9 month clothes, and I'm not sure about a shoe size. She hates for anything to touch her legs or feet. Cold weather will be a real adjustment for her. 

I know y'all will gasp with horror when I say this, but she sits in Reese's old car seat that faces forward. I know. I know. People are now trying to get you to wait until they are 2 to turn them around, but y'all. I was ready to declare us grounded until she straightened up in the car some. It was terrible. She would SCREAM from the moment she got in until we got her out. Between that and Reese needing me to "turn up my movie" or "I need to tee-tee" or "momma did you bring me a drink" I would be driven right to the edge any time we tried to go somewhere. If you have seen me and I was less than pleasant, please forgive me. But I will say this- I love the stage they are both at right now. Reese is so precious now that she isn't 3 (3 was not my favorite age), and Elynn is starting to have her own personality and since she is mobile they "play" together and. it. is. adorable. 

Elynn is a big eater! She loves everything, but bread is her favorite. 

She had 4 teeth when she turned 11 months, but since then has cut 3 more. We didn't realize she was cutting them because she never fussed or had a fever or any of the signs Reese always showed when a tooth was around the corner. 

The big first party is in a few weeks. We are having pictures made this weekend, and I can't wait to see how that goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment