Thursday, October 30, 2014

Elynn's Pumpkin Patch Party

I can't promise this will be the only pumpkin patch party this kid will have in her lifetime. Until she is old enough to want something else, chances are good pumpkins are going to be involved because HELLO!!?? Pumpkins are the best! Which is exactly why a week prior to the party Adam and I were pushing around 2 buggies in Walmart filled to the max with 22 pumpkins. 

She was a lot happier about it being her birthday than she appears in most of these pictures. She gets all emotional when she gets tired and people besides her momma and daddy hold her. 









Knox was really unsure about Adam. He gave him a very uncertain look anytime he got close.


My friend LaRae made the sign.

All of the little children got to pick a pumpkin and paint it.




Really, is there any other way to eat your first cake beside having your little piggies up in the action?



Having a big sis means you don't get to open your own presents.



This picture makes me squeal with happiness. Eeeeekkk! That little face! 



Here she is with her great grands. My granddad is 89
And my grandmother is 85. Clearly there is some longevity in my family that I hope I inherited. Seriously though if these children don't start sleeping better I will never see my 80s. I am likely to fall over from sheer exhaustion sometime much sooner...like this weekend.





The weather was perfect for her party (and reminded me very much of our wedding day- which is my favorite day of all time). Speaking of- we had an anniversary Monday. Maybe I will get to post about at some point before we celebrate our 8th year.

No comments:

Post a Comment